Sign in to follow this  
phunistle@gmail.com

FSX Carenado Bonanza V35B repaint

Hi everyone,I'm trying to get a repaint done for me and family members of the fs2004 Carenado V35B bonanza. They owned a 1973 V35B Bonanza a few years ago and had to sell it due to financial reasons. They also lost their son, and my best friend during this time. It would mean a great deal to them to see Bonanza 830T flying again if only in a simulator. I have plenty of pictures of her and have attached one of the current fs2004 repaint I am using. I have also already purchased the plane and have the repaint kit, but I'm no computer artist and need some help. I would even be willing to pay if someone wanted to make a small profit from the repaint. Please contact me with any questions or interest. I hope to hear from someone! It would mean a lot to me and my family! I had a great repaint done for it for FS2004 before which I would be glad to send that on as a reference as well. Thanks!!!

Another shot of her in flight for FS2004.

Just so everyone is clear I need this for FSX not for FS2004, my request is a little confusing I guess. Also I can send the .bmp files which I use now for FS2004 as color matching examples if anyone wants to do this repaint for me. Again I wouldn't mind paying if anyone is willing to do it.

If you are not in a hurry (holiday coming up) I might give it a try.

I did a whole bunch of V35B paints a while back, check them out on OZx if you like.

I will need some additional pics, you can find my mail in any of the readme files in my repaints.

Cheers,

JanKees

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

Just like to add that quite a few of Carenado's aircraft ( if not all ) textures for FS X are bmp's ( and can be converted to dds- but is not neccessary ) which work perfectly well in FS 9 and FS X ( and now also for X Plane ) .

I have painted several types ( C152 , C172 , C182 , C206 , C210 , Piper Archer , Arrow , Seneca and Mooney - the Bonanza is one of the few I don't have ) and they all work in both sims . The main difference , is the aircraft.cfg , which is easily altered .

What I have done with Carenado paints is release both bmp and dds textures as the dds textures are smaller in size ( MB's ) .

John Glanville

.... - the Bonanza is one of the few I don't have .....

John Glanville

Ooops ! Should have engaged brain before opening mouth !

The Bonanza that was originally released for FS 9 is totally different to the later version for FS X . This was also the case with the PA 28-/161/181/236, although the new Archer for FS X was also released for FS 9 ..

That was the bad news . The good news is that Carenado created patches to import FS 9 models into FS X and can be found on the Carenado website . I use the C182 imported into FS X and this works okay .

Sorry to have created false hope for a quick result but it seems that you will have to wait for JanKees . He is too modest to boast about his own work , but pay a visit to

http://aussiex.org/f...wnloads&mid=750

..to view some of his work . As you will see his paints cover several different types of aircraft and the attention to detail is self evident .

I will now go and stand in the corner of the room and beat my head against the wall for the rest of the day

John Glanville.

lol it happens John, nobody is perfect. I looked on Carenado's site for the patches you are referring to but didn't see them right off the bat so I emailed support. I will continue looking. You are right JanKees does some excellent repaints! Unless someone else comes along before him that can do it I guess I'll just have to wait for him unless I can find this conversion you are talking about. Thanks !

Well John it looks like they don't offer that product anymore...I contacted Carenado directly to ask them. They said they did offer that for a while when fsx was still new but have since redone their entire line and don't offer it anymore. And you are right, JanKees work is exceptional!