Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quadraspleen

Is there a payload bug?

When you take a job, and it says, say 770lbs, you go to the fuelling screen and it has a "payload 0.0lbs" on the fuelling bit.

What gives? Was it always thus? I can't remember..it'd be nice to include your chosen payload in the visble calcs (I know I can work it out with a calculator and the MTOW)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can't see what the weight of your plane with the cargo is on the fuel screen before starting the mission, but once the mission loads and you press F to bring up the fuel window, then you can see the total weight including cargo.

Since some airports you can't add more fuel, but you can remove fuel at any, it's best to load up with a bit extra before starting and then remove some before takeoff if need be.

it's best to load up with a bit extra before starting and then remove some before takeoff if need be.

I usually fill her up completely before starting. Just to be sure. Removing is done with a simple click, so why take the risk. :wink:

Thanks for the F tip :)

I've also notice that, in the Maule and fully leaned, I can fly for two hours and still have lots of fuel to spare..That's four-up, too..running at c. 9-10 gl/ph in cruise..that Maule is not thirsty! You can fly much further than you think...