Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stoli151

Another Airhauler question

I crashed about 2 min after takeoff while flying some freight out to a destination. FSX restarted the flight like it normally would. The question I have is that Airhauler didn't seem to notice, why? My aircraft condition was still at 100% and it seemed like it was going to let me just restart the flight as if nothing happened. Is there a setting I may have wrong. If I do something like overspeed the aircraft I notice damage to the airframe after the mission is over, but when I do something catastrophic to not make my destination it seems not to notice.

There can be a few reasons why that might not rgister with Air Hauler. If you were still at very low altitude and never made it above a certain height, Air Hauler would not have detected that you had taken off, so it consequently would not have detected that you crashed either, since it would not have regarded you as having started the flight. Or, if you quit FSX and then quit Air Hauler without accepting the result, it might occasionally also not detect the catastrophe. On the easier settings, you can get away with a lot as well. It could also be a glitch, it's not common for Air Hauler to glitch, it is normally completely stable and I don't normally have problems with it, but no program is immune to the odd glitch every once in a while.

Al

If you were still at very low altitude and never made it above a certain height, Air Hauler would not have detected that you had taken off, so it consequently would not have detected that you crashed either, since it would not have regarded you as having started the flight.

You probably are right. I don't think either time I crashed my flight that Airhauler had given me the message box that it wants me to fly the sector. Without that message I am thinking the takeoff hadn't registered in Airhauler yet, and I managed to "get away with it". Thanks