Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Prepar3D created Flight Plans

I just decided to clean up all the lingering flight plans I made and noticed something. I can't load any Flight Plans made in Prepar3D with Prepar3Ds own Flight Planner. ( always just made them and flew them on the spot. Never to even think about loading them again.. Until tonight)

I can create, save, and fly the plan but if choose "load" a flight plan zero show up in the list.. The weird part is I copied over a Flight Plan made in FSX and it showed up in Prepar3D's Flight Planner just fine to load and fly.

So, what is going on here? Why is Prepar3D saving its own Flight Plans in a format it can't even read?

Edit: As per the usual internet way I found my answer right after I started a thread asking about it.

In FSX the list is of file names, in Prepar3D the list shown is that of what you named the flight plan as it is displaying what is in the <title> tags of each PLN file.. I wasn't naming the plans and just saving them..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors