Sign in to follow this  
Stanfitz

How do you get support?

This morning my computer crashed. I was able to do a system restore and everything works now EXCEPT for Flight.

When I try and start flight I get this message "Microsoft Flight encountered an error wile initializing it's systems. The program will now exit." - That's it. nothing else.

I've tried a reinstall and I get the same message.

I went to Flight's support, but all I got was a canned email with some links to some of the common causes for Flight not working.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get flight working again?

Before you reinstalled, did you completely uninstall it first? Could be possible that some left over files might be corrupt.

Also is it the Steam version or non-steam?

I've tried a number of different ways. First I just installed it over the existing files. Since that didn't work, I did a complete un-install (after the repair didn't work) and then did a clean install. I even tried installing it to a different folder. (didn't work either)

It's the NON Steam version.

Open the "Computer" window

Right-click on the drive in question and click properties

Select the "Tools" tab

In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>

Sounds like it might be a bad HD. I would back up files you care about, it might be on its way out

It might not be the hard drive.

Start typing in a search from your start menu:

"Reliability Monitor" or "view reliability history" even just the word "reliability" should work.

This will "should" bring up a quick link for you to click and vew what your computer has been up to. Since you said it crashed, this may tell you the program and details of the crash. And some other unsuccessful events that happened.

A while back I was having problems with my machine. I thought at first it might have been my HD, turned out my .NET framework was corrupt.

Checked the drive and it's fine.

Did the Reliability monitor, and found that Windows had (3) unsuccessful attempts to reconfigure FLIGHT yesterday. (error code 1603)

No idea what to try now, and the folks at Microsoft Flight don't seem to want to help.

No idea what to try now, and the folks at Microsoft Flight don't seem to want to help.

Some of the guys here that participated in the beta of Flight, still have access to the beta forums and I understand the Flight Team still participates on those forums.

Perhaps one of them will post your issue over there and maybe get some feedback for you...

(error code 1603)

After a google search, there is some info on the error code 1603 with relation to FSX. So maybe this particular fix might work with Flight.

http://support.micro...kb/928080/en-us

This site comes up with a password, just hit cancel. It's for error code 1722, but allows you to reset the license on your computer or something. May prevent the error that's happening. It's worth a try. Another thing I'm thinking off the top of my head is to remove everything Flight from your computer and re-download in it's entirety. But I'd give the license thing a try.

**Just for reference I was reading on this site... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/trying-to-re-install-flight-sim-x-error-1603/59a5d726-6a0d-462c-9ebf-de20e9ce93c2