Sign in to follow this  
Guest LufthansaA340

Airlines/Aircraft Type

>hey happycapt!! I'm a total airline/aircraft fanatic, too >;-)!! I even have flown short routes like Vienna- Linz (150 >km) or Berlin - Hamburg (they were cheap) just to fly!! Or >once I flew Berlin - London, not to see London, cause i >wanted to fly and it was cheap (Virgin Express) :-lol >I also always try to book indirekt flights :-lol, cause then >I got 2 flights instead of 1 flight going the way in!! >My favorite aircrafts: >Long-Haul: Airbus A340 <-- in my opinion the most beautiful >aircraft in the world.... it has a very elegant look when >taking off and cruising with those flexing wings >Short/Medium-Haul: Airbus A320 <-- which i think is better >than the 737NG >Regional: Fokker 70 <-- looks kinda cute doesn't it ;-) and >also flies very quiet and smooth >>Oh by the way happycapt... Lufthansa never operated the >Boeing 747-300 >>Greets, >LufthansaA340 Hi LufthansaA340:If it wasn't a 747-300, then it was a 200. It definitely wasn't a 400 series...1983? It didn't have the winglets. Anyway, thanks for pointing this out. After all of these years, I thought it was a 747-300... :) Their roundtrip route was FRA-DFW-MEX-DFW-FRA.Fausto (happycapt)

Hi,"I also always try to book indirekt flights , cause then I got 2 flights instead of 1 flight going the way in!! "It's funny how we aviation nuts are. Most people would walk a crooked mile to get around a 2 leg flight. I also go for the multiple hops whever I can! Also- I always try for a window seat over the wing. Most people think this sucks, as it gets in the way of looking down at the ground. But a wing in flight is one of those most wonderful sights to those of us who appreciate it. And if you get a big engine as well, that's a bonus!Whenever we travel my wife is sure that I've lost it :)Bruce.

I remember taking a weekend flying trip just for the fun of flying. It began on a Thursday afternoon. I booked an American Airlines MD80 flight from HRL(Harlingen) to DFW. I spent the night at the DFW airport hotel...high floor overlooking the runways..excellent. The next morning, I hopped on an American Airlines MD-11(first MD11 flight for me)and flew to Chicago(ORD). I stayed at the ORD airport hotel..high floor overlooking the runways...excellent. The next morning (Saturday), I hopped on a TWA 727-200 and flew from ORD to JFK. Great view of NYC as we approached JFK. I stayed at the Holiday Inn at JFK. High floor...overlooking the runways...excellent. It was neat to see so many different international airlines arriving and departing. The next morning, I hopped on a United Airlines 767-200 and flew back to ORD from JFK. The crew on this flight was based in England...British accents. This particular flight arrived earlier that morning from London. Upon arriving at ORD, I quickly discovered the mess. There were airplanes and people everywhere. Flights were delayed. Apparently, there was bad weather in the southern region of the country. ORD is a nasty looking place when flights get delayed/backed up. It was chaotic...to say the least. I was scheduled to fly out that afternoon on an American Airlines DC10-10, but the flight was delayed by more than three hours, preventing me from making my connection in Dallas. I was tired and so I decided to take the next AA flight out to anywhere. Amazingly, I was able to get a seat on an AA MD80 to San Antonio,TX not DFW. In this type of situation, you are lucky if you can get a seat on anything. I was blessed...I was leaving this chaotic airport. I arrived San Antonio at about 11:30p.m. and checked into a hotel. I caught the first SWA flight to Harlingen the next morning(8:55a.m.) and made it to work on time. Whew. Anyway, this is just but one of my weekend flying adventures. One trip I would have loved to have done is the Concorde from JFK to London. But for the price of one roundtrip Concorde ticket, I could fly on 10 different airliners(roundtrip).....

>Hi, >>"I also always try to book indirekt flights , cause then I >got 2 flights instead of 1 flight going the way in!! " >>It's funny how we aviation nuts are. Most people would walk >a crooked mile to get around a 2 leg flight. I also go for >the multiple hops whever I can! >>Also- I always try for a window seat over the wing. Most >people think this sucks, as it gets in the way of looking >down at the ground. But a wing in flight is one of those >most wonderful sights to those of us who appreciate it. And >if you get a big engine as well, that's a bonus! >>Whenever we travel my wife is sure that I've lost it :) >>Bruce. >>Hi Bruce:I'm glad to see that I am not the only "nut" who does these sort of things...LOL I always try to get a seat towards the rear of the aircraft...this way I have a partial wing view and I can still see the scenery down below. Its a little more bumpy in the rear, but that just adds to the excitement of flying. My favorite route is: Southwest Airlines from DAL-SAT-HRL-HOU-DAL. I call this "the diamond route". Check it out on a map and you'll understand why.Take care.Fausto (happycapt)Fausto (happycapt)

Hi Fausto,I think we're all a bit nuts here! I think you have to be to do what we do :)"I call this "the diamond route". Check it out on a map and you'll understand why."Looks like you might be from TX! :)Thanks,Bruce.

JUL 1996: DL B752 OC OCT 1997: DL B752 OC DL B72S OC OCT 1998: SW B733 OC SW B732 OC OCT 1998: DL B72S NOC DL B752 NOC DL B733? NOC DL B72S OCNOV 1998: CO B733 CO DC-9JUL 1999: TWE J41 TWA MD-80 OC TWA DC-9 OC TWE AT7OCT 1999: DL B752 OC DL B72S NOC DL M80JUN 2000: SW B733 OC SW B73S OC NOV 2000: SW B733 OC SW B733 OCDEC 2000: SW B73S OC SW B733 OCMAY 2001: CO B735 JUL 2001: SW B73S OC SW B733 OC

The airlines and aircraft types I have flowen on are as folows:JMC B757-200air Transat B757-200British Caladonian DC_10Britsih Midland B737-400Air 2000 B757-200BCM - B757-200easyJet B737-400GO! Airlines B737-400

Guest LufthansaA340

Now I can add the Airbus A321 to my Austrian Airlines and the Fokker 70 to my Tyrolean Airways list.... yeahAbsolutely outstanding flight with the A321 (OE-LBF "Wien") going LOWW - EDDT!!And the landing :-eek You could have a coke almost full on you're table and it wouldn't spillGreets,LufthansaA340