Sign in to follow this  
sprangerjack

Delay in Reverse Thrust

This seems to be a matter that has been discussed but i havent come across a solution. I lust landed in KMDW winds are 04013G17KT so i increased my Vref to 134 ( 1/2 of 13 + 4) Auto Brake level 3. Ok.... App was manual. At 50feet i reduced trottles to idle to allow a touchdown at vref. As soon as the main gear touched i decided instead of pulling the trottles back to reverse ill use F2. ( ive been having this problem if i use the trottles, thats why i decided to try F2.) The Auto brake engaged as normal, however by time the reversers were deployed i was at 68kts. I had 6 seconds between touchdown and reverse selected to "reverse green". Could someone plz tell me whats wrong? This has only happend since SPc. I never wrote about it because i guess like the others, im hoping that a solution would have come forth before. Please let me know

Sean

This seems to be a matter that has been discussed but i havent come across a solution. I lust landed in KMDW winds are 04013G17KT so i increased my Vref to 134 ( 1/2 of 13 + 4) Auto Brake level 3. Ok.... App was manual. At 50feet i reduced trottles to idle to allow a touchdown at vref. As soon as the main gear touched i decided instead of pulling the trottles back to reverse ill use F2. ( ive been having this problem if i use the trottles, thats why i decided to try F2.) The Auto brake engaged as normal, however by time the reversers were deployed i was at 68kts. I had 6 seconds between touchdown and reverse selected to "reverse green". Could someone plz tell me whats wrong? This has only happend since SPc. I never wrote about it because i guess like the others, im hoping that a solution would have come forth before. Please let me know

Sorry about the text size

sean

The reverse itself indeed needs some time to spool up.

What was your payload? What were you flying, the 800, 900, 700 or even 600?