Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sprangerjack

Delay in Reverse Thrust

This seems to be a matter that has been discussed but i havent come across a solution. I lust landed in KMDW winds are 04013G17KT so i increased my Vref to 134 ( 1/2 of 13 + 4) Auto Brake level 3. Ok.... App was manual. At 50feet i reduced trottles to idle to allow a touchdown at vref. As soon as the main gear touched i decided instead of pulling the trottles back to reverse ill use F2. ( ive been having this problem if i use the trottles, thats why i decided to try F2.) The Auto brake engaged as normal, however by time the reversers were deployed i was at 68kts. I had 6 seconds between touchdown and reverse selected to "reverse green". Could someone plz tell me whats wrong? This has only happend since SPc. I never wrote about it because i guess like the others, im hoping that a solution would have come forth before. Please let me know

Sean

This seems to be a matter that has been discussed but i havent come across a solution. I lust landed in KMDW winds are 04013G17KT so i increased my Vref to 134 ( 1/2 of 13 + 4) Auto Brake level 3. Ok.... App was manual. At 50feet i reduced trottles to idle to allow a touchdown at vref. As soon as the main gear touched i decided instead of pulling the trottles back to reverse ill use F2. ( ive been having this problem if i use the trottles, thats why i decided to try F2.) The Auto brake engaged as normal, however by time the reversers were deployed i was at 68kts. I had 6 seconds between touchdown and reverse selected to "reverse green". Could someone plz tell me whats wrong? This has only happend since SPc. I never wrote about it because i guess like the others, im hoping that a solution would have come forth before. Please let me know

Sorry about the text size

sean

The reverse itself indeed needs some time to spool up.

What was your payload? What were you flying, the 800, 900, 700 or even 600?

With kind regards, Bogdan Misko.

Thats true, hold F2 on ground and watch at your throttle in the VC, maybe you'll see some abnormalitys

With kind regards, Bogdan Misko.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now