Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloud_tiger

getting back in... Looking for the essencials.

Hello all!I have just not been into the flight simulation thing for a while. I have a job involving aviation, and it is taking a large majority of my time.Well, I have come to a point where things are finally settled, I think. So I am looking for the essencial things for FS2004, i.e. The environment upgrade files, any amazing free/payware packs, texture updates, mesh, etc.Thanks in advance.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

RealAir's SF260 - paywareAirheads Decathlon - freewareMilton Shupes'AC500 - freewarethe freeware Morane Saulnierthe Maule - freewareHolger Sandman's sceneries (freeware)FSMetars - freeware weather proggy (although its much improved with a registered FSUIPC)ummmm, hmmm theres so much really...

Guest ba747heavy

Airport Enviornment Upgrade 6 - freeware by Chris A.Active Sky 2004 - PaywareKBOS by George Grimshaw - FreewareFanda's Dash 8 - Freeware (search google)That'll do ya for a while :)

BlueSphere (free texture upgrade in Avsim lib).Flight1's Piper Meridian (www.flight1.com). Rated 5 out of 5 stars.Michael J.

Guest panda234

Chris Willis' clouds, here on Avsim.I'm doing a complete reinstall soon on a new system so I'll be doing the same thing. There's some stuff, like the cloud textures, that have been around for a while and are used by almost everybody, but if you don't know about them it's hard to find out--they don't really require upgrading so there are no new uploads of the files and everyone just takes them for granted. Wonder if we need a pinned post of "must have" addons so noobies and those of us doing reinstalls can refer to it? Hmmm, I can see lots of potential problems already, but just a thought. It sure would be handy...billg

Many Thanks all!And yes! A sticky thread, or even sticky this one if need be, of 'must have' items, both free & payware, with a master list catagorized Payware/Freeware & then broken down into 'Environment' Aircraft' 'Panels' 'Scenery' etc.Would be great for those like me, that were into the current version at the onset of it all, & then faded away, only to return. Also, for those who are new totally, or those doing reinstalls so that they do not forget those essentials that make the sim complete.Anyways, thanks all!