Sign in to follow this  
antic81

How to Show my HDD on my PC

Hi Guys,

Something I have been struggling with is how to get to my HDD on windows.

I recently got a custom built machine from overclockers and it came with windows 7 installed on the 256 GB SSD, it also came with a 1TB HDD, although I can see the HDD drive through the device manager and it says its ready for use, however I want to be able to install programs on it and actually use it ie store things on it and have easy access to it as my SSD is rapidly running out of space!

Is there a way to get it to show up as a D drive or something that I can see under my computer?

Many thanks,

Anthony

Anthony Milner

Double Click on whatever hdd you want to look at has always worked for me. ???

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hello

Do you mean it is not showing up in windows explorer ?

Go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer Management > Disk management

Find your 1 tb disk in the top right pane, right click on it and choose "change drive letter and paths.." then assign it a drive letter

A quicker way to the disk management tool is to type diskmgmt.msc into the start menu's RUN box

Hello

Do you mean it is not showing up in windows explorer ?

Go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Computer Management > Disk management

Find your 1 tb disk in the top right pane, right click on it and choose "change drive letter and paths.." then assign it a drive letter

A quicker way to the disk management tool is to type diskmgmt.msc into the start menu's RUN box

Hi there,

Yeah not showing up in explorer.

I have gone into disk management and I can see it showing as disk 1 - it says unallocated. If I right click it gives the following options:

Convert to dynamic disk

Convert to GTP disk

Properties

Help

Im venturing into areas that I have little knowledge on and don't want to break anything!

Thanks for the help!

Anthony

Anthony Milner

Hi mate,

just a quick thank you for your help - that link was nice and easy to follow and its now showing!

Thanks again,

Anthony

Anthony Milner