Sign in to follow this  
cptawsom

Needing help to improve IVAO software's behaviour on my system

For some time now, I've been thinking of reluctantly making the "big step" to fly online.

I opted to try with IVAO first.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid, my online IVAO experience, may come to an end before it even begins.

During the last two weeks, I registered myself on IVAO, downloaded its software (ivap, the-eye), and read their manuals.

And yesterday, I installed it.

I was completely disappointed:

a. While for many months I had made my FSX rock-solid from crashes, mainly by using always the newest FSUIPC module from Pete Dawson (and to a secondary degree using the Vista uiautomationcore.dll), ivap has an abysmal behaviour on my system -> CTD, CTD and again CTD, even if is not started, just installed.

b. I had also managed to find a good tradeoff between detail and fps (even with the FXAA Post Process Injection renderer) using Bojote's tweaking tool. Again ivap proved to be a tremendous fps hog, even if is not started, just installed.

c. MTL and all its liveries, have lengthened considerably (maybe plus 20sec) my FSX initial load times, even if I have an SSD.

Any suggestions would be welcome and helpful.

If I cannot solve the above, I may have to turn to VATSIM instead, and hope that their software behaves much better on my system.

PS: I only tested the above with the PMDG 737NGX. Also ivap was running in-process with FSX (full screen), and on the same computer.

PS2: Using ivap as a separate process, is not an option, because without having FSX in full screen, there is no immesion in the simulation. Also using it on a second computer, is not an option, as there is no room on the desk I'm using for simming, for my laptop and its mouse (I don't use touchpads).

PS3: Have never tried Word Not Allowed's tweaking approach, because I think it is intended for more powerful systems than mine. However, if you do not feel this is the case, please say so.

PS4: Please do not turn this thread into an IVAO vs. VATSIM thread. I have no such intentions.

PS5: System specs:

i7-860 @ 2.88GHz

nVidia 9800GT 1GB

16GB RAM

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

Intel 520 240GB SSD

Resolution used for FSX -> 1920x1080x32

First yes I would definitely use kostas guide anyway. It improved my graphics AND FPS by miles. Next, as to IVAO software I have definitely heard it has issues. I fly for a VA on VATSIM using FSInn and it works a charm. IVAO from my understanding has a little more Europe focus. I understand VATSIM tends to have more on the North American side.

Seth Ainsley JTS1141

Sent from my i9000M using Tapatalk