Sign in to follow this  

Highlighted Words From Mr. Daley

After watching many Videos of Mr.Daley speak of his reasons fr closing Meigs, I have come across this list of words if strongly uses, over and over, and over, and over.- Fear- Fear- Fear- Public Safety- Ohare for general aviation- Midway for general aviation- Tax Cuts- Fear- Fear- I will build a Park- Fear- Repay- Fear- Meigs is a bigger safety issue than Ohare- Buildings being hit- Fear- Crashes- Uncertainty - Fear- Park- September 11- Fear- September 11- ParkI also think he needs a "Public Speaking Course" , as he stuters every so often and wil not stop waddeling like a penguin.If anyone wants to add to this list, please do so :)Happy Flying,Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm actually surprised you were able to make out that many words...watching the clips of his press conference, I thought maybe I'd tuned into some sort of telethon for Teret's (sp) or something on that order.

>telethon for Teret's (sp) or something on that order. :-lol Brian, it may just be, you never know :-lol Jay

Besides the fact that single engine props aren't, for the most part, allowed to land at O'Hare(they'd go to Palwaukee because it is closest), O'Hare controllers probably won't be thrilled to deal with large numbers of general aviation aircraft. In regards to Midway Airport, ATA has 757-200s and 757-300s operating out of there, and I for one would not be interested in playing with those planes in a Cessna 150, and then going through the hassle of getting on the Orange Line to go downtown, or hitching a ride in a million dollar taxi just to go check out the Field Museum or Planetarium. The 757s are besides the fact of the SouthWest 737 madhouse, and 25 some ATA 737-800s. that fly into and out of Midway everyday. I haven't even mentioned Frontier, Air Tran, Northwest, American, Continental, and Delta. Does Vanguard still exist? Oh and US Airways, previously MetroJET.Point is, not everyone wants to go in and play with planes that have turbojets bigger than little single engine you're in. It also shows that Daley's reasoning is totally off the wall. Anyone, even the aviation illiterate&ignorant can see that. The entire idea of Meigs traffic being sent into ORD & MDW, it's just a load of garbage coming from Mr. Daley. The guy doesn't really care, IMHO(which all of this is, I am not an expert, just a mere observer), he has an alterior*(did I spell that right?) motive that will benefit him and his goons.(I happen to like the 757s, my favorite airliner, just not competeing to land with them in an itty bitty plane)Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg