Sign in to follow this  
Guest cactus

B200 question

Hi,I know alot of you don't have it yet, and with the web site down I thought I'd post a question I have here about it for those that do.I'm trying to start the AC with full realism etc and following the checklist verbatim. I wait until 12% n1 then flip the condition lever. The ITT jumps to max and the engine shuts down. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.If somebody could help I'd be grateful.Thanks,Sean

Sean Green

Hi Sean. The engine may be broken. Go to Repairs, and choose Fix Failures. This should repaire the broken engine. ;)

Thanks for your response,Then engine only had 3 hours on it, did fix all failures even replace engines etc. No hope. ITT goes up to max slowly working way down engine shuts off.Any other ideas. I just did a reinstall from scratch but still it won't start up.I can start it with realism off just fine but then I notice ITT never goes below 1000.Thanks,Sean

Sean Green

I think I remember hearing about something like this during beta testing. Before you start the engine, try hitting Ctrl+Shift+F1 to make sure the condition levers are set to off. I think someone had a problem like this, and it was caused by the levers not being full off when trying to start.

Guest Spilot

You are probably introducing too much fuel too fast! ONCE it gets to 12 then slowly only add about 10 percent of fuel till it starts then after it does that then increase it to 60%. If you just increase it rapidly or too high then you will get a hot start!Very realistic!http://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/h...B_testpilot.jpgAdam Spilot692000@yahoo.com

Well I have been doing the CTRL-SHIFT-F1 before starting to shut the condition levers off.I tried doing a 4-8% open in the condition levers, the engine cycles up. The ITT goes to max and slowly comes down close to 1000 before the engine shuts off.Any other ideas or should I just turn off the realism settings?I notice when I'm in the plane already running (no cold and dark) the ITT sits about 690-700 but when I start it manually the ITT stays above 1000 (thats with no realism setting).Thanks,Sean

Sean Green

Well I figured it out.I start off with the default cessna and set it to engines off to create a cold and dark situation in my next aircraft. Well it seems I was shutting everything off except the mixture it was still on wide open.Even though I'd shut off the condition levers on the B200 it must still be reading the mixture from the Cessna.I shut the mixture off on the cessna and the B200 started off without a hitch and low ITT values.Thanks for everybody's assistance,Sean

Sean Green

If you wish, you don't have to turn off everything, just Hot Starts. That'll fix your starting probs for sure.

Guest cactus

Atta boy Sean now go enjoy the thing!