Sign in to follow this  
ssrin

PMDG FMC : route issue with STARS/SIDS

Hello,

I was trying to setup a flight plan from KAUS to KSAT on my PMDG 737 NGX FMC. I chose runway 35L AUS3 SID. I chose STV (stonewall) for the transition option in AUS3 SID. For the arrival section in KSAT, I wanted ILS 12R, STV (STAR), REUBE (Transition).

I wanted to use CWK. AMUSE. STV. STV1. REUBE. ALAMO . RUNWAY12R for my route. No matter what I tried , I would end up with an FMC RTE with an initial heading vector from KAUS followed by CWK.AMUSE.STV.STV1.REUBE and the rest of the route to 12R. I had both LNAV and RNAV armed and at 600ft enabled CMDA to turn on the autopilot. However the aircraft just keeps flying on the initial vector in my flight plan. it fails to turn in the direction of the route . Everything from CWK to runway 12R is in a magenta color and looks continuous with the runway vector line intercepting the magenta line.

I'm kind of stumped on how to get the aircraft to transition from the runway heading vector onto the actual route. For some reason my route essentially turned into 2 segments with one being a vector and the other being a full route from CWK to my final destination but the 2 segments are disjoint during the flight. The FMC RTE/LEGS page doesn't show any route discontinuities. I am not sure how to proceed. Hoping to get some pointers.

Thanks

S.Srinivasa

Unless there's an error in the nav data, when there is a vector condition in the fmc, it usually means that you are supposed to be radar vectored by ATC, whether it be in a SID or a STAR,, usually to your next waypoint. As such, if you have no ATC that can vector you, you can either self vector yourself to the next waypoint using heading select, or line select the next waypoint and insert it using LSK 1L, so that it will become the next active waypoint, and LNAV will make the plane fly towards it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks a lot. Line selecting the next way point and inserting it as the next active waypoint solved my issue.