Sign in to follow this  
AEROMANIAC

FS9 unintsall problem

Hallo there, i have fs9 running in Win 7.

I am facing an uninstall problem. I got Installed various of Add-ons sceneries. When trying to uninstall the Fs9 a window appears warning me that istead of uninstall the fs9, uninstall the add-on!!!!! then nothing, so i got to delete fs9 MANUALLY.

After re-install it the software "remembers me" keeping the same settings i had before delete it, something that i don't want it. what am i doing that is not correct???? <_< :mad: <_<

It seems that when you previously installed the addon it overwrote the FS9 uninstallation file. That is why uninstalling FS9 will now uninstall the addon instead. As a result FS9 will "remember you" when you reinstall it as the various components of the Windows Registry for FS9 will not have been deleted.

You could try and manually delete the relevant FS9 entries in the Windows Registry but that is very risky unless you know what you are doing. I would just reinstall FS9 as that should put everything right and not install the addon which gave you this problem.

This sort of problem is not uncommon, unfortunately, as some software developers don't seem to care about how they name their uninstalltion file.

David

It seems that when you previously installed the addon it overwrote the FS9 uninstallation file. That is why uninstalling FS9 will now uninstall the addon instead. As a result FS9 will "remember you" when you reinstall it as the various components of the Windows Registry for FS9 will not have been deleted.

You could try and manually delete the relevant FS9 entries in the Windows Registry but that is very risky unless you know what you are doing. I would just reinstall FS9 as that should put everything right and not install the addon which gave you this problem.

This sort of problem is not uncommon, unfortunately, as some software developers don't seem to care about how they name their uninstalltion file.

David

To tell the truth, i was thinking reinstall it again and after uninstall it ......reinstall it for the 2nd time.

Do you think it's going to help!!

Try this (tutorial at Flightsim.com from defunct Opa)

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. Uninstalling And Reinstalling FS2004 [ Download | View ]

Name: unintt.zip

Size: 62,944 Date: 06-30-2008 Downloads: 2,726

unintt.gif

Uninstalling And Reinstalling FS2004 - Some Tips and Tricks. Sooner or later almost everyone will be faced with the need or desire to uninstall FS2004 and do a clean reinstallation. This offering - in .doc and .pdf formats - outlines the procedures with the goal of making the entire process as painless and fool-proof as possible. The recommendations are based on personal experience and the experience of many others. There may be some important items which you have never considered. Please unzip to a tempory folder. Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.