Sign in to follow this  
HyperionXL

Madcatz Combat Pilot Series?

Anyone tried this out yet? I'm more or less interested in the planes included and their models, as they were developed by A2A. If they're any good, it'd probably be worth the $50 to get the 3 trainer craft you get.

Any opinions on the overall gameplay as well? Been out for a while but haven't read anything on Avsim about it.

There was some real fireworks to be seen in the Combat Pilot forums when this came out, their Forums and facebook page were the scene of a major flameout, the negative commentary was removed and moderators appear to be keeping it clean now but elsewhere the feedback hasn’t improved.

The subscription and monthly fee for participating seemed to be the main point of contention with commentary detailing their reticence to pay for a service provided free elsewhere.

As Avsims Managing Editor i made a decision to wait and see how it goes , having to closely moderate a topic is not something that our readers appreciate, having a flameout here was to be avoided.

again and again companies totally ignore things like streissand effect and bad press. the more they try to supress negative critics, the more "the internet" will read about those bad decisions.

seems like they are off to a bad start, google search for "mad catz combat pilot" results in a lot of press websites, and the official homepage for the product on results page 2-3 :-O

i also found something that is titled "combat pilot official trailer" which does look interesting, but seems a little amateurish on the production (you can see FSX screen messages popping up at the corners and kind of blurry textures).

i recommend dino's goshawk + Javier Fernandez Nimtz + AI carriers for a really immersive carrier OPs setup completly free.

and iris simulations have 2 military turbo-prop trainers in their freeware hangar too!