Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JETninja

Wondering if anyone could make a custom Airfile for the Alphasim Long-Ez

Hey all,

Long time member, just starting to fly again after a few years off. I'm a big Long Ez fan, have flown one (my Brother-In-Law built one back in the 80s) and may built one or a Cozy sometime in the next 10yrs or so. (Work for Boeing over 25 years so looking to retire in maybe 7 years)

Either one I plan on running a Mazda Rotary Turbo engine. The core is about bullet proof, it getting all the systems to work right but its been a pretty popular engine in homebuilts for many years now.

So I'm wondering if anyone could make me an airfile that could simulate the performance.

Turbo Rotary 13B block will have somewhere around 200-220HP with a max MP of 40. Having the Turbo allows you to fly over most weather at say 20-22K. I would expect to build a slightly stronger airframe also using many of the Berkut parts that are readily available. Also that much more HP of the 0-320 (180HP) would allow it pull more prop as well with a prop reduction drive of 2.5 IIRC.

So if anyone with any skills wants a shot, let me know. It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

John T

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!