Sign in to follow this  
Steven110372

I need help

when I load 737NGX and it does it set up you can hear the engines shutting down. Then it tell me the engines are not started press ctrl and e to start engines but thay will not start what am doing wrong?

Thanks for you help

Steve

Hey Steve. Welcome to the forums.

In the future, it's best to use a post title that's a little more descriptive. I'm sure someone else would've come to your help, but I almost passed it up because the title was so vague.

First, you'll want to turn off tooltips. The NGX is a very advanced aircraft, and the tooltips (flying tips I think is what the sim calls them) are set up for the default, very basic aircraft.

Second, check the OPTIONS menu in the FMC. The aircraft is loading into an engines off state because it's been told to. Using the OPTIONS menu, you can tell it to load in a particular state of readiness.

It would be very helpful to read the intro manual that came with the plane at the very least. I would have explained most all of the above. It will also point out a couple more things that you wouldn't otherwise know. It's a quick read, so give it a shot.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Steve,

The 737ngx is a very sophisticated, close to the real thing, simulation. I don't even know ctrl-E is working with this aircraft.

I kindly suggest you follow the two tutorials that came along with the package. It will clear things up.

Expect a steep learning curve.

good luck!!

ps. The sound you hear during the initialisation is normal.

Then it tell me the engines are not started press ctrl and e to start engines but thay will not start what am doing wrong?

Start by going over the introduction pdf that came with the installation (you read that....right?).

Then read tutorials 1 and 2.

If you still have problems after that I'm sure we can help.