Sign in to follow this  
FlyAndFight

How to edit FSX addon scenery?

I have several free-ware and pay-ware sceneries that I've noticed have trees appearing in the middle of lakes as well as in the middle of roads with cars going through them. It gets annoying seeing these graphical errors and I was wondering if possible, what would be the best way to remove these trees and clear up those areas?

Also, what would be the best tool to work on these sceneries?

Thank you for your help!

P.S. Most of these tree anomolies are not near an airport, though.

Alexander Alonso

Hello Alexander,

It is probably important to know the scenery packages concerned and their precise content. Generally, trees will not appear on roads or in hydro polygons, so there is something wrong with this scenery to begin and that should be corrected before attempting any of your own modifications.

This tutorial should get you started on terrain scenery creation:

Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X

available in the Avsim library

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=141643

Best regards.

Luis

Hello Luis,

Thank you for your help! The scenery is the recently released "Miami 2012" scenery. It covers pretty much most of the greater Miami-Dade County area in South Florida. It's an amazing scenery in itself but I have noticed the problem with the trees and would love to "clear" those areas up.

Here are a couple of pics showing the problems:

trees2g.jpg

trees3t.jpg

I have also downloaded the Terrain Design program and will check it out as well.

Thanks again!

Alexander Alonso

I am not familiar with that scenery package, Alexander. That looks like photo-real ground, in which case it has been annotated in order to add the autogen buildings and vegetation.

If this is the case, perhaps you could simply load the bgls in the Autogen Annotator and correct the annotation, removing what you don't want.

Here is another tutorial concerning the Autogen Annotator:

Using the Autogen Annotator

also in the Avsim library

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=140537

Best regards.

Luis

Thank you for your help, Luis! I'll definitely look into the Autogen Annotator and see if I can clean it up.

Thanks again!

Alexander Alonso