Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

how do you guys schedule your flights?

those VA's that are not based on real world airlines AND use dep and arv times

how do you schedule ?

from what I've done so far it is EXTREMELY TEDIOUS.. is there some software that you use? or what?

Ciao!

Excel spreadsheet. I just type in the dep time and it calcs the arrival, then I have the return setup to leave 30 minutes later. 4 dep/arrv times for the price of 1. Furthermore, I use all GMT times. Don't know why everyone messes with calculating local times... its easier for scheduling and computing your flight time, and there's never any mistake or confusion due to timezones or DST.

ohhh.. that is a great tip.. so you find out the length of the flight via some flightplanner? yes? I use FSBUILD then I usually round off, so ..like a flight that is 1:12 I call it and say 1;15 or so.. then use the time function to add?

didn't think of this..

Ciao!

I've never used FSBuild so I can't comment, I use this tool I found through a search. Its got every ICAO in the world (that I've needed). Just enter the cruise GS for the aircraft (ex: 737 is 430kts) and it automatically adds 15 minutes to the en route time to account for taxi and climbout.

Just setup some columns with flt #, dep/arrv, ETE, and the time equations. Just drop the airport/ETE info down the rows and pick a time for the airplane's first go of the day. Once that plane has put in a full day, start the clock over for the next one.

Makes for easy editing - once I got fluid with it I can whip up hundreds of flights in an hour or two.

I'm a little late to the discussion, I also use an excel spreadsheet to schedule but I am using EST since my VA's HQ is based at KFLL. I use Plan-G to view routes and to calculate the time, I add 20 or 30 minutes to the route depending on the aircraft and route flown to account for taxi and ATC procedures.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."