Sign in to follow this  
otterspotter

Anybody can read Russian?

Guest georg

Yes, indeed it is dual ADF. As much as I can understand Russian, I can tell you that the upper button is ADF mode selector. The 1,2,3,4,5 and so on knobs are probably sensitivity or something. I dont know what the small switches do as they are some shortcuts for longer words. Basically turn the mode to somewhere in the end and tune the frequency, then youre ready to go.

>Yes, indeed it is dual ADF. As much as I can understand>Russian, I can tell you that the upper button is ADF mode>selector. The 1,2,3,4,5 and so on knobs are probably>sensitivity or something. I dont know what the small switches>do as they are some shortcuts for longer words. Basically turn>the mode to somewhere in the end and tune the frequency, then>youre ready to go.Thanks Georg Can you tune the ADF to say 419 Khz-- I can only tune to 410 or 420. I thought that the knows numbered 1-9 might be for fine tuning.Barry

From my experience with a similar ADF unit in Xomer's excellent An-2, fine tuning is done on the same dial (the big one), you just gotta click closer to the center and then at the edge of it . I don't know if this gauge was programmed the same way, but it's worth a try -- just try clicking in various distances from the center of the dial along the switch handle and observe how the digits change.Hope this helps.M.

>From my experience with a similar ADF unit in Xomer's>excellent An-2, fine tuning is done on the same dial (the big>one), you just gotta click closer to the center and then at>the edge of it . I don't know if this gauge was programmed the>same way, but it's worth a try -- just try clicking in various>distances from the center of the dial along the switch handle>and observe how the digits change.>>Hope this helps.>>M.I know what you mean -- but have tried everything and can't get the single digits to change. I do suspect that there is something wrong with the gauge.Could you kindly tell me where to get the AN-2.Thanks Barry

Hey Barry,I'm sorry that it's still not working.Xomer's An-2 is available here at AVSIM: an2x_1.zip through an2x_4.zip plus texture pack/fix an2x_up2.zip. It's a FS2002 model but works fine in FS9.Xomer (Anton Nikolaev) also has a website: www.xomer.narod.ru (you can choose English version), the forum there answered some of my questions.Had a blast with this plane, although it does require some learning effort as the 2D and 3D panels are entirely in Russian and the English documentation can be a little skimpy. It's also on the hardcore side regarding engine management as it's easy to overheat. If you want an "anglicized" "easy-rider" An-2, people raved about Tim 'Pigglet' Conrad's version (available at flightsim.com). Never tried it myself though.If you have questions regarding An-2 operation, some of them may be answered in the following thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=4273&mode=fullI hope you like this bird.M.