Sign in to follow this  
ak416

No text on GNS 530?

Hi guys, I recently did a complete reinstall of FSX and since the new installation, the text on my GNS 530 will not work. I have tested it in a few of my aircraft, the Carenado 337 and the Centurion T210M, and this is what it looks like.

hGeLo.jpg

I have looked at the guage and panel files themselves, and the actually text is not a texture or anything, and all the aircraft I have tested use different files, which leads me to believe the issue is not with my aircraft but FSX itself.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Thank you for all your help. And yes, I did purchase the aircraft, they worked great prior to my reinstall, and I am at my wits end here! I have reinstalled the aircraft multiple times, always deleting every little file that they include, to no avail. Please help, thank you!

I have 33 fonts in my FSX font folder of which 15 have earlier "date modified" dates, meaning most likely native FSX. Only 11 are not authored

How many do you have ?

I only have 9, most seem to relate to LCD displays (most likely for my IRIS F-15). You may be on to something here! Is there a way I might be able to find out which font the display would use?

who made the display, FSX? or carenado?

To have a native "virgin" FSX install, I have an alternate OS on an independent HD

I use it to get things I lost by slopy installs/uninstalls

It is from that one that I saw there are 15 native, only one is called LCD

Carenado made it, and here are a list of my fonts.

IRIS_EMD

IRIS_LCD

IRIS_MPD

LCD_MONO

LCD_MONO_ITALIC

lcddot

malgun

malgunBD

WHITRABT

You seem to be missing the default FSX fonts.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ah, that could explain why my menu fonts are blurry as well. Thanks, guess I should do another reinstall or perhaps try a repair, or look up the default fonts, and try to install them myself, and see if that helps any. Thanks for the help!

yup

If you have another OS already set up you could have those handy

its about 55MB

Thanks a ton for your help guys, everything is back to normal again after a friend uploaded his font folder for me :D

Thanks again, can't tell you how much I appreciate it, so happy to be back flying my 210!