Sign in to follow this  
Russell

FSX - spot view changes

I am not sure which forum to post this topic in, it has to do with FSX and Windows 7. I recently upgraded my computer to W7 and reinstalled FSX. My problem is that when I change to the spot view the airpalne is magnified and I cannot view the whole plane. Usually the initial time that I change to that view all is normal but when I revisit that view all of a sudden the airplane is enlarged and it apears that I am looking at it from just outside the fuselage. This never happened until this recent reinstall. I haven't noticed anything else that is not acting as it should, but I haven"t had a chance to check everything yet.

Thank you

Hi!

I also have FsX on a Windows 7 laptop but I can't remember if I've had that problem sorry. Back in the Fs98 days (or maybe Fs2004) there was an option in the menu called "View settings" or something where you could specify the spot view distance. I'm not sure if it's there in FsX (I don't think so). I'm sure you've probably tried this but I sometimes zoom in and out with the + and - keys on the main keyboard. Sometimes you have to press backspace before they will work (at least on my system). Also you can switch to locked spot view by pressing A I think and try that (although you've probably tried this too).

Hope it might help.

Many thanks,

Pierre