Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjratchf

Airport Rotating Beacon

Hi All,

Is there any way to make the airport rotating beacon brighter from a greater distance (and brighter?)- it seems like most of the airports are not findable using their beacons, and when conducting night-VFR-cross country training, this leads to some navigation problems. Anyone have any ideas about what to tweak, addons, etc?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi All,

Is there any way to make the airport rotating beacon brighter from a greater distance (and brighter?)- it seems like most of the airports are not findable using their beacons, and when conducting night-VFR-cross country training, this leads to some navigation problems. Anyone have any ideas about what to tweak, addons, etc?

Hello Braden,

The addon that I've used is Nick's Light Fix V2 and it comes with large and small sizes and they look great from far away, specially if you are in major metro area with multiple airports or out in the middle of a cross country you can spot the airports right away.

I don't know how tweaked your FSX.cfg file is but in may case for some reason all my airport's rotating beacons disapeared so hopefuly the same thing doesn't happen to you, for sure this issue has nothing to do with Nick's files.

I've been toying with the following settings per Nick's suggestions but is not really necessary but it all depends on your taste.

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2 //adjust values to suit your scale

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

I hope this helps.