Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Antonov AN-14 ILS - won't work

In spite of the new manual posted to the library by Anton Nikolaev (AKA Xomer) - I still can't get the ILS (PSP-48) to work. But thanks to Anton for the manual anyway. It allowed me to figure out how to get the gyro compass working and to slave the readout to the compass direction.But the ILS - No sign of life and I also can't even change the frequency setting.Anybody else had any success with this. Apart from that, this "little Bee" is the most fun that can be had for Bush flying. I can even land it amongst the houses in a heavily populated area -- a great STOL a/cBarry

>Did you turn on the ILS master switch?>#1 in the pic>Trying to figure out the ILS I did find out you do not have to>set the ILS HeadingHi Grey WolfYes -- have tried everything!!!! :( Can you change the frequency setting? My ILS seems completely dead - as though the gauge itself is not working.Barry

Guest Grey_Wolf

The frequency in the above pic is the ILS/ NAV 1 Frequency. There may be other switches that need to be armed as well before the ILS will work.When I first got the plane I basically just turned everything on there is to turn on. Thats how I discovered the ILS in the first place.

Guest Grey_Wolf

To tune the NAV frequency you have to use the MS Keycommands, I couldnt click on it. Ive been using the keycommands since FS2000 so I didnt notice that part before. All my com switches work by clicking or using the keycommands.

>To tune the NAV frequency you have to use the MS Keycommands,>I couldnt click on it. Ive been using the keycommands since>FS2000 so I didnt notice that part before. All my com switches>work by clicking or using the keycommands.Right -- forgot about using the keyboard commands as I usually "click" the VC gauges. Thanks a lot Barry

HALLELUJAH!!!!! -- I have finally gotten the ILS to work. A simple trap that I have fallen into with other a/c. I started up the default Cessna and turned all Avionics on -- when I switched to the AN14, the ILS was working. I am suspecting that it neds an Avionics switch on the panel -- I have found this before with other panels which had no avionics switch, and being an inveterate switch switcher" rather than using keyboard inputs, I have been unable to turn certain instruments on until I installed an avionics switch on the panel. I will now go away and see if I can install one into this VC.Barry