Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

NGX landing lights changed

I was using Active sky 2012 textures but forgot to exclude lights and landing light textures. So after installing them, the NGX now has that dull triangle of a spotlight instead of the ones that actually illuminate the ground the NGX came with. I was wondering is it possible to get them back without going through a series of re-installs?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Guest BeaverDriver

Select the lights only part of the options in AS and then select "Default" and install just those. That might fix the problem.

Is by chance the visibility low?

The method used by PMDG to make those pretty lights has a drawback - it does not work in low visibility conditions, in fact, it creates some nasty artifacts. So PMDG made them disappear in low-vis conditions and made the triangle default lights appear instead.

Select the lights only part of the options in AS and then select "Default" and install just those. That might fix the problem.

Didn't see that option :P I'll try

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

thanks!

that explains the odd effect. Do you know what is consider "low visibility"?

Is by chance the visibility low?

The method used by PMDG to make those pretty lights has a drawback - it does not work in low visibility conditions, in fact, it creates some nasty artifacts. So PMDG made them disappear in low-vis conditions and made the triangle default lights appear instead.