Sign in to follow this  
mhazy

vrinsight problem

hi

have loaded serialfp2 files into xplane under plugind using the xplane demo

when i run xplane and click pluginsthe vrinsight is there, but when i try to connect to the mcp all i get is the serial fp2 box , abd bothing happens, no connections

is it possible to run vrinsight panel mcp and if so how do you do it?

ive checked as many forum topics but not one i can find explains how i do this.

This the only thing now thats stopping me buying xplane as do not want to make my mcp combo redundant

anyone hrlp please

Mike

Hi mike,

How did you get files, and place them into xplane

Hope you can help, just seem to get nowhere with it

Thanks

Mhazy

Hi, many thanks mike.

Do I place all of the files in xplane plugins? and do i need to do the update files, ive loaded from the last url you gave me

many thanks again

mhazy

Just install XPUIPC to XP9/10 then use SerialFP2 or the new VRiSim like you would with FSX or FS9, then load the default Prop Plane or Boeing aircraft profile in the VRInsight software. The VRI plugin for XP isn't very good, but with XPUIPC installed there is no need for the plugin to be installed.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy.

ok, I loaded XPUIPC into xplane plugins, then started vri it found my mcp no problem, started xplane

xuipc is ok in plugins.

clicked on 'fly now' on the vri insight, and got. 'Flight simulator is not running'

nothing works on mcp panel, have i missed something

many thanks

Mike

Can anything else connect to xpuipc, like a moving map application, anything that would use FSUIPC to work in FSX should also work with XPUIPC in Xplane, plan-G for example should be able to connect through XPUIPC.

Also make sure you are running VRiSim and Xplane with the same user rights i.e. both with run as admin or both not. To be honest I've not been near Xplane in months so I don't know if it still works or not. I don't have time to setup the PC to test it either at the moment, sorry, perhaps someone else reading this can confirm it does still work.

I would have replied sooner but AVSIMs topic reply notifications seem to not be being sent again at the moment, so I only just stumbled across your question as I was viewing new topics.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi

xuipc is working fine just tested it with onther program, must be xplane that has the problem,

wish it would be sorted though as will not nuy xplane until everything works even if it seems a better flight sim, (can't leave vrinsight mcp sitting idle) ., such a shame

if anyone has got this working please let me know

Mhazy

I too have an issue with getting my MCP-combo (v1) to work in XP10.2 (64-bit). After Google'ing and reading here and on the Vrinsight's website, I thought I knew what to do, but...apperantly not.

I have installed the VRiSim v1.0: it detects my MCPcombo. I select "MSFS Original aircraft".

I installed XPUIPC v2.0.0 in XP, but I never saw anything regarding VRinsight in any menu items in XP, not even under the Plugins. When trying to add a button or such in the 'Joystick & equipment' is futile :(

The XPUIPC plugin shows as active

The MCPcombo is showing SPD, HDG and ALT, so...there is some kind of connection between the VRiSIM and the MCPcombo. I just don't understand why XP isn't connecting aswell.

Hello.

My MCP combo ( vrinsight ) work in 32 bits, but not in 64 bits with X-Plane. In 32 bits, I proceed in the following way:

It is necessary to install "FPSerial" and then to go in the file "resources" of the directory of installation of "FP2" and to copy 8 files " com.ini, fmer.ini, mpanl.ini, serialfp2.ini, serialfp2_xplm.xpl, sp2_com_xplm.dll, sp2-mcp_xplm.dll, sp2_mpanl.dll " and the keymap file. Then, I "stick" the set in the folder  " plug - in " of X-Plane. In the simulator, since the menu " plug - in " with the line " vrinsight ", I activate the MCP and that works. The boredom it is because the plane that I use ( B763 Flight Factor) does not work in 32 bits and if I use X-Plane in 64 bits with the installation which I have just described, the MCP does not work, in the menu " plug - in " nothing appears.

I made the try with the files of origins available on the INSTALLATION DVD of the MCP, but, also with files available on the site of VRinsight download (the line " Software Update: Nov.; 26,2015 " is a dead link), unsuccessfully.

I specify that I use the version 2.0.3.5 of XPUIPC and my MCP type Serial FP V2 / Boeing Jet-liner.

Could you help me to run MCP combo in 64 bits under X-Plane? In advance, thank you for your possible help.