Sign in to follow this  
gollum65

New Install - CTD - FS2AUDIO.dll

Hello,

I have a recently installed and fully updated version of FSX on Windows Vista Home Premium installed into it's default folder. I also have the LDS 767 for FSX with it's required updates and REX Essentials with it's updates. They all run perfectly.

This morning I installed FS2Crew for the LDS767 Voice Commander Edition and it's SP1 update. I ensured that I waited until both installers completed, told me the product was installed, and the "Exit" button came up.

I can start FSX, load up the LDS 767, and even import the FS2Crew panel state, but when I click on the VSI gaugue to start FS2Crew I instantly get a crash to desktop and Windows says the error is in module FS2AUDIO.dll

I've reinstalled FS2Crew and its SP twice. I've reinstalled DirectX and even installed the SDK just in case. I've run through Windows Update and allowed it to update anything it wanted. I installed the most up to date video card drivers and audio drivers. I've taken all these steps this morning and I still get the CTD.

My Specs:

AMD Phenom II Quad Core B35 Processor @ ~2.9 GHZ

4 GB Ram

Windows Vista Home Premium

DirectX 11

NVidia GForce 9800 GT

Soundblaster X-FI Extreme Audio

VIA HD Audio Sound Chip

Yes, I've always run dual sound devices and I keep both drivers up to date. I've never had a problem. One is for my mic while the other handles speaker output.

I also always start FSX as an Administrator, along with REX and pretty much any other program on my computer.

Here's the text of the complete error:

Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module FS2AUDIO.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bb01ad3, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003ba97, process id 0x708, application start time 0x01cd95bde0f6d643.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, FS2AUDIO.dll was in my system32 folder. It was 540kb and dated April 12, 2010. Just to be sure I dropped it into my recycle bin and installed FS2Crew again. It did reinstall the dll with the same date and file size, but I still get the crash. And yes, I do run FSX in windowed mode.

Also, I've tried running FS2Crew in varying panel states in the LDS 2d cockpit and it always crashes as soon as I hit the VSI to start it.

Ok, I believe I solved my own problem. I ran across the notes in the manual about how having 2 sound devices could be a problem and how the SB X-FI Extreme Audio drivers could be a problem so I just disabled the Soundblaster. Now FS2Crew seems to load...or at least I get to the "Before Start"message, which I never did before...

Sorry to waste everyone's time.