Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

Autoland problem

I was doing a test flight with a 747-8 from Bristol to Glasgow (hadn't flown the 737 in a while and needed some cockpit time). Everything was fine. The FMC was programmed and worked perfectly until we got onto the final at Glasgow. The aircraft wanted to land to the left of the runway (let's take a guess and say 100 feet). Since then I've re-done the flight with the PMDG 737 NGX and the LevelD 767. Both autolandings were perfect. What could be the cause of the strange behavior of the 747? Since the other aircraft both have had perfect landings, it doesn't seem as if the scenery (UK 2000) or the flight plan (Flight Sim Commander) is at fault.

I'd love to solve this since that aircraft is still loads of fun to fly. I'd appreciate any help on this.

Jack Fentress

I had the same experience. In the 747-8 as well as in the 747-4 the autopilot always flies down the ILS about 1 dot to the right of the centreline. The 737NGX does not show this behaviour and does perfect autolands. I sent a request to the PMDG-support desk and after I get an answer, I shall post it here.

Ede

I had the same experience. In the 747-8 as well as in the 747-4 the autopilot always flies down the ILS about 1 dot to the right of the centreline. The 737NGX does not show this behaviour and does perfect autolands. I sent a request to the PMDG-support desk and after I get an answer, I shall post it here.

Is your Navdata current? Have you tried running the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool?

My Navdata are current. It is the Flight 1 Registry Repair Tool that solved the problem. I wrote the following: when activating the LOC- or APP-mode, the autopilot never centers the localizer, but always flies down the ILS about 1 dot to the right of centreline. See attached screenshot. Is there any way to correct this?

Paul Gollnick replied:

Hello,

This issue is probably occurring because your FS entries are missing from the Windows registry.

Please download Flight 1's Registry Repair Tool found here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Run it (IMPORTANT: make sure you right click and choose Run As Administrator if you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7) and select the option appropriate to the version of FS you're having issues with. Then, browse to that version of FS's folder and select the main exe file (either FS9.exe or FSX.exe) and press open.

This should resolve your issue, let us know if it doesn't.

Well, it did resolve the issue and maybe this helps other simmers to correct their setup.

Ede