Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

Demo weather theme

HI Folks

I'm trying the demo and getting the following error message, which appears to be coming from FSX:

"The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check that this file exists and try again."

I'm running FSXSERVER as administrator on a stand alone machine. Opus is installed in the required location. I get the Opus menus under addons in FSX, so they are talking to each other. I've gone looking for the file in Opus manually and selected it, so it is there in the Opus weather themes folder. What obvious novice mistake am I making?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

Firstly, the static theme you are wanting to try has absolutely nothing to do with the Live Weather Engine, it was created manually and not by the LWE's 'Save Dynamic Weather as Static Theme' option.

But check your Configure dialog you must specify the sim type and locate its installation folder. If you have then check the sharing and access rights on your system to that folder because OpusFSX is being blocked from copying the file there.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen

I was over-thinking it and trying to load the weather from Opus, rather than the FSX weather themes menu. All good now, thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike

I would like to stress though all the static themes you trying have absolutely nothing to do with the Live Weather Engine, They all just contain static global weather created manually in the past, before the LWE existed.

For this reason, all of these static 'Opus...' themes will soon be removed from the installation.

Regards

Stephen