Sign in to follow this  
Guest do_denver2

Terrain Awareness

Guest do_denver2

Does anyone know of any terrain awareness system that is compatible with P3D? THe Reality XP is not an option. I downloaded the demo of Airview from FS Widgets and that seems not to be compatible. What about the TAWS or Terrain Map from DBS studios? I enjoy flying at night but it's a little difficult in mountainous areas.

Any ideas on this, used to use DBS terrain map in FSx now, i moved to P3D dbs wount install to p3d, even with migration tool.

After trying various other terrain tools for fsx in P3d and non worked, i finally went for this.

ITs P3D aware

http://www.flight1te...orSoftware.aspx

Was no easy choice as its on the pricy side, very early days yet, but its looking very good. No need to mess with gauges or panel.cfg, it connects to fsx/p3d by pressing connect like you would on rex or as2012. Then you open any view of garmin 1000 you wish.

I primaryly bought this for terrain awareness info on one of its views, think its MDU window or something.

Its a very preofessional looking product too. I used to use DBS terrain map, then tried DBS taws. Neither installs properly to P3D.

Another great feature i found on this garmin is the fact that i can see state of systems like flaps, fuel etc, so i could get rid of screen clutter from all the gauges i normally i need on second monitor.

Guest do_denver2

Looks really nice. But I have a wife, and if I spent $250 on a virtual Garmin for my flight SIMULATOR she would make my life more miserable than crashing into a virtual mountain.

It might be worth having a look at this LINK and having another go at installing.

Looks really nice. But I have a wife, and if I spent $250 on a virtual Garmin for my flight SIMULATOR she would make my life more miserable than crashing into a virtual mountain.

Fair point, was a real hard choice for me as well, but just spent 2 weeks moving from FSX to P3D, the final addon to complete the flight tools was avoinics, only this product has P3D badge at the moment.

So far, after a few more days, i still more impressed with the prefional level of the product, its not your usual fsx addon in the detail of its functionality, that wa refreshing. Very professional product.

That said i have had it crash on me couple of times now and sent off ticket.

Its nice to be able to see the terrain map on same window as your ILS approach.

I used to be big on free fsx addons, but really the time spent tweaking free stuff or cheap stuff to work along with tweaking to keep fsx P3d stable.

This is why i sometimes go for the more pricy , hopefull less effort addons. Currently for g1000, loving amongst many great features love the fact that i dont need to start installing guage in every plane.

I purchased P3D Academic license, and only just relaised that the academic license is a new thing, which could mean, now that p3d is much cheaper developers will abandon fsx more quickly to support p3d as folks jump ship to p3d. Then more addons will be available, including dbs stuff.

I even sent dbs email with link to this forum, urging the guy to do us p3d install, but suppose he probs on holiday relaxing.

i was about to uninstall p3d, then go back to fsx, before buying this g1000.

Does anyone know of any terrain awareness system that is compatible with P3D? THe Reality XP is not an option. I downloaded the demo of Airview from FS Widgets and that seems not to be compatible. What about the TAWS or Terrain Map from DBS studios? I enjoy flying at night but it's a little difficult in mountainous areas.

check this out

http://www.kronzky.info/fs/500wx/

more info on this thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/395571-fsx-eta-to-destination-not-eta-to-next-waypoint/

Guest do_denver2

Looks good, does it work in P3D?