Sign in to follow this  
Vox-tm

En-route Traffic using VFR Flight Plan?

Hi,

I am using VoxATC 5.63 and have created a flightplan using Plan-G. I have loaded this into FSX and started my flight.

However, I get circuit traffic around my starting airfield and comms, but if I change radio frequency en-route, VoxATC requests that I change back to the original airfield frequency and I see no other traffic en-route to my destination.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks.

Ok, tried the same flight plan again today, but this time I made sure I correctly carried out proper zone transits and it seems this might be the key to me seeing more traffic en-route as I saw a few (not lots though) aircraft around me.

Either that, or it's because I turned the VoxATC traffic slider up to 100%.

But it never rains, it just pours. Despite wanting to see more traffic, I didn't expect to have a near collision with a C172 that buzzed me, and then get completely wiped out by a Caravan that just spawned right on me. Admittedly, I wasn't *exactly* on track with my flight plan, but I still don't think it should have spawned where it did.

Should be turning off collisions with other aircraft when using VoxATC?

Vox-tm,

Are you using FSX stock airports or payware/freeware?

If not stock be sure to 'eliminate' all local AI traffic for the addon as this may cause problems.

I never use Collision for the FSX setup.

Michael,

I'm using UK2000 Scenery's VFR airfields, along with a couple of their Xtreme larger airports. I haven't turned off any of the AI they use via their own utility, however since turning the FSX AI traffic sliders down to 0%, I don't see any AI at those airfields even without using VoxATC.

Vox-tm,

Try disabling local traffic anyway, as this may cause problems.

You should also be aware that some airport developers may create local traffic without giving you the option of turning it off.

These can only be turned off be finding and renaming the traffic file.

As far as I can see from your posts you are not using any traffic addons, like MyTraffic etc.?