Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

carshing on final approach?

Hello,

i hope it's not related to my new REX-E but today i did a flight from Barcelona to Gatwick, and on short final my fsx just stopped and CTD, it says that fsx stopped responding click close the program to close it. then i went to the event viewer and the error was in the fsx.exe, what should i do?

thanks!

Hi Daniel. In the thousand possible answers I'd say one possibility is performance related. On final you've got lots of things happening (gear down and it's impact on drag, the flaps doing the same etc..) plus the terrain is closer. Were you using some scenery for the airport?

I'd try lowering/tuning the settings for a start.

Hi Daniel. In the thousand possible answers I'd say one possibility is performance related. On final you've got lots of things happening (gear down and it's impact on drag, the flaps doing the same etc..) plus the terrain is closer. Were you using some scenery for the airport?

I'd try lowering/tuning the settings for a start.correct i am using only airport scenery never default, but i tuned my fsx settings like in the introduction from PMDG, and it only happens on 3 hours flights on 1-2 never, thanks

correct i am using only airport scenery never default, but i tuned my fsx settings like in the introduction from PMDG, and it only happens on 3 hours flights on 1-2 never, thanks

Mh that's interesting.

As I said, maybe adding REX has just tipped the balance of your CURRENT settings for them to be to much for your setup? Try playing around with them a bit? Try installing the lighter texture on REX and see how it goes. Experiment, you can alway go back later if you find out it wasn't that..