I apologise in advance if I have been unsuccessful in searching this forum properly for any similar topics. After two days solid searching forums for a solutions, I'm not even sure what my problem is any more. If there is anything that's been posted previously that is relevant to my problem, I would be extremely grateful if you would point me towards it!
I have recently bought this excellent plane however shortly after installation and a few uses I'm having a major problem with the simulation freezing around 80% of the times it's minimised. What seems to happen is that once the sim is reduced to icon, with or without use of the control panel, I'm unable to re-open FSX which will instead continue running in the background and continue playing the aircraft sound. This only happens with the Q400 and it's proving to be a make-or-break deal as I need the reduce to icon functionality to operate the control panel, use my VA ACARS system, consult charts etc. FSX becomes completely unresponsive and the only way out appear to kill the process in the task manager. I am a fairly experienced simmer and have never come across an error I couldn't fix so far (I'm quite comfortable editing files etc.) however it seems I am badly stuck!
So far this are the results of my failed troubleshooting:
- Q400 version: happens both with PRO 1.018 and PRO 1.018c (after patching)
- FSX: deluxe+accelleration pack: tried with both MODDED FSX config (Word Not Allowed's) and vanilla FSX.config
- syst: Win7, quad-core, 12gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, everything is run with Admin rights
fixes unsuccessfully tried so far:
- using ASN or not: doesn't seem to make a difference, tried re-installing ASN too but no change
- tried re-installing and updating FSUIPC: no change
- tried setting affinity mask on FSX config to various settings (14, 84, 6) with no change (I have hyperthreading enabled and see 8 cores)
- tried updating UIAutomationCore to a different version: no change, still happens with both
- tried running in windowed mode: no change, still freezes when passing from running to background after a few switches from foreground/background, using the control panel seems to make it worse as does starting ASN. As a result of this I suspected a SimConnect issue however I cannot resolve this
- tried running appcrash view and reading through the simconnect log but FOUND nothing (there's about a gazillion identical lines in the log report and could well have missed something)
- tried re-installing the Q400: no change
- tried every fix I could find on both the Majestic and Avsim forum: no change
I am at my wits end, I cannot wait to be able to fly this gorgeous sim however at present state it's simply unusable.
Has anybody experienced anything similar and is able to offer some help?
I would be unbelievably grateful as my frustration level is somewhat off the charts at the minute!
Thank you all for the time!