Sign in to follow this  
HonournGlory

Differences Between Saitek Pro Flight and Pro Flight Cessna?

Hello everyone,

I'm a new addition to this forum and I think I'll be following it up closely. There's some good information to be found in here.

After years of using basic Logitech joysticks for flight sims, I've decided to upgrade to a yoke as I very much enjoy flying smaller, one prop aircraft. I've so far failed to find performance comparisons between Saitek Pro Flight and Pro Flight Cessna except the 90 degrees turn the Cessna has. I'm aware there are some extra buttons on the Cessna one too and probably the extra 45 degrees turn is something to consider, but the Pro Flight (with pedals) is about 130 Euros cheaper than Cessna version (with Cessna pedals). (for that price, you can get an "instrument panel" and pay for shipping)

Are there any performance issues with the Pro Flight version and if so is the Cessna version superior? (In terms of sensitivity or deadzones)

Anyway, I just wanted to find out if the Cessna is superior so that the price tag can be justified. (I don't mind if my first yoke doesn't say "Cessna" on it) :)

Ok; so I'm just assuming none who has taken a look at the post has owned both of these yokes. Let me ask it this way:

Is Pro Flight Cessna any special compared to other yokes in the same/near price range?

Thank you.

Sorry you're not having much response, even though your question is valid and interesting.

I have the Proflight yoke, throttle and pedals, and I'm very happy with them. There is some imprecision in the throttles, but then again, they're so well used over about 3 years that I really can't complain. The pedals and yoke have functioned perfectly without glitch, and I only use FSX to configure them. I mainly fly airliners and light singles, and I also have a joystick (ST290) which I keep hooked up on my left for tiller steering, or for Airbus's and Cirrus's, and I also made a mount so it can sit in front of my yoke for joystick equipped a/c. The point is, I always leave all my USB kit (yoke, pedals, throttles, switch, radio, and MCP panels) connected as it is without having to change anything ever. Works for me.

One of the most important benefits is that having the right kit (yoke and pedals etc) increases the realism immensely.

If I had to replace my equipment, I'd buy exactly the same Saitek kit again (and not the Cessna labelled kit, as I fear that some of the extra cost is for the Cessna name and the Cessna style trim wheel, which you get with the the MCP panel anyway).

Hope this helps you in some way.

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Hi folks,

I'm also considering the lesser expensive Saitek Flight Pro yoke and pedals since they are on sale right now at Future Shop in Canada. Can someone please tell me if the extra degrees that the Cessna and CH yokes can rotate make them much better than the Saitek pro yoke? I think the Cessna and CH yokes turn 90 degrees from the centre position for each direction, where as the Saitek Pro turns much less. I'm wondering if I went for the Saitek Pro, if I would find that I really need the extra turning in the yoke.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GF

I'll post this for anyone in the future wondering about the difference between the Saitek Pro Flight yoke, and the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna yoke.

I have owned both yokes and find the Cessna yoke to be of better build quality and feel... I would not want to go back to the standard yoke, the Cessna yoke feels waaay better.  In my opinion, it is worth the few extra dollars to purchase the Saitek Cessna yoke over the standard Saitek yoke.  Here's a review I've found, and others confirming that the Cessna is better built:

http://www.simflight.com/2011/10/14/saitek-cessna-yoke-reviewed/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434016-saitek-cessna-vs-pro-flight/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/417421-saitek-pro-flight-vs-cessna/

If you get a Saitek yoke of any kind, you might also be interested in my DIY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/106882381459656258441/SaitekYokeClampsBrackets?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have CH rudder pedals, so can't comment on the Saitek rudder pedals.