Sign in to follow this  
MSFS Ralf

Baron graphic problems

Im a proud owner of the Baron and like it very much. However, after flights of one hour or more, I have some problems. When switching views, the external ligts are looking like transparent blocks, that turn black after a while. If I switch to window mode from full screen, the 3d panel is gone and in external view parts of the plane are gone, i.e. antennas. I use the newest update, low resolution textuses and the non reflective glas file. My system is an i3, 4gb ram and a 1gb GForce, handling comparable payware ac well.

Any help?

Many thanks in advance.

Do you use any FSX.cfg file tweaks like buffer pools or fiber frame time fraction? If not, you could try a different graphics driver. If the problem persists try lowering graphics settings in FSX.

New FSX.cfg, same problem. I had the newest drivers installed, Acceleration installed... Lowering my settings now.

Well, tuning down scenery settings did not help but I solved that problem eventually. I ran a defrag of my HD that was overdue for month, I saved the default Cessna in my start up situation instead of the T Duke and I replaced the GPS with a RXP 530. I took all actions at the same day so I don't know what helped. I'm very happy that I can fly the Baron withov any problems now, I love that twin.