Sign in to follow this  
cattz

AI aircraft lights

I know lights have been discussed here but not, I think, about AI aircraft lights at night.. So this is an observation really. In FSX the AI lights work differently to FS9 as they don't appear until after the AC is on the taxiway (if I remember In FS9 lights were turned on 10 minutes before departure time) but they do all show up in DX9 ie: Logo lights, beacon, strobes, cabin lights etc. DX 10 seems to have a problem with this in that those lights don't show until some distance from the observer, in some cases it seems to be the angle at which you observe the aircraft. Sit at one end of a runway and watch the AI aircraft take off; no lights show until it's about to rotate and then all lights show ( with the exception of cabin lights) when in the air. There are now just a few FSX dedicated AI aircraft which do not suffer this as much. Of course if AI is not your thing then it's not a problem but for an AI fanatic it is. Does any one have observations or offers of advice on this? And of course shoot me down if there was a topic on this and I missed it.

There are now just a few FSX dedicated AI aircraft which do not suffer this as much.

Which ones, cattz? I'm not a fanatic by any means - but there are many who are, and who could use your findings and info for sure!

shoot me down if there was a topic on this
No!! Good subject, and one not tackled by anyone yet, as far as I know.

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The ones being used by the AI simmers are a set of classic Boeing 732/3/4/5 in native FSX for AI. The model is by Erez Werber and info can be found here

http://fsxaibureau.com/

as well as on Avsim.

There are also FS9 versions available. Many repaints are available on Avsim. I have an MD11 made by Globusworld but I think that site has now gone.

All other AI traffic that I know is FS9 stuff that is ported over to FSX. Most of the problems caused by this in DX10 are solved by ACX but the lights issue remains. I'm hoping someone can look into and hopefully find a fix.

I recently purchased My Traffic X 5.4, in order to resolve the "gray" or "blank" aircraft problem that I suffered when using WOAI in DX-10. That issue was resolved but I now have a problem with the AI aircraft lighting, particularly with the green and red position/strobe effects. They are showing up as big blocks of green and red on the wingtips. From far away, the strobe effect is a blurry mess. When flying over an airport, they show up as big blocks of green and red. It only fixes itself when I get considerably close to the AI aircraft's position. (such as when taxiing nearby.)

Just to test, I switched back to DX-9 and the lights looked perfectly fine. Went back to DX-10 and the problem is back.

Anyone else having this problem? Or found a solution?

Thanks again.

Edit: I'll try to post pics later this evening.

Alexander Alonso