Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

Terrain and Scenery all Messed Up

Firstly the dark water areas in your shots of the US and UK are a normal case of the FSX "iron cross" (look it up) when you view FSX scenery from high above.

As for your other issues, looking at your FSX scenery library it is poorly organised. In general, you want more geographically specific entries (like airports and cities), above less geographically specific entries (like countries and continents). While your UTX entries themselves look in a better relative order, they should be lower based on my comments about geographic specifc areas. Saying that, I don't think that is the major issue. Looks more like there are issues in your FSX terrain.cfg in that the required UTX entries may not be there or are corrupt. Re-run the UTX Canada Setup Tool by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator". If that doesn't help, you might need to uninstall and re-install UTX Canada.

Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Thanks Jeff,

Turns out a re-install of UTX resolved the issue. For now. This is a recurring issue, that I have yet to isolate the cause. It either happens when I switch between ORBX Oceania and ORBX NA, or when I install new scenery/airports.

I do not habitually play with the scenery layout (not to say I've never been in there), so the mis layout at times is a mystery.,

RM Killins

Hi,

Posted this earlier this AM trying to help another simmer with the same problem in a different area........

With UTX installed I had exactly the same problem at both Hawaii and off the west coast of the USA....... Simple solution for me was to go into the Scenery Library and uncheck the box next to "UT Exclusions for default scenery"....... This solved the problem for me and the scenery in these areas is back to normal and stays that way...... So far have seen no adverse effects anywhere else in the sim, however I fly mostly in the Orbx NA areas................ I Have both UTX USA and Canada installed........

Hope this helps......

JayDub