Sign in to follow this  
killkenny1

Just purchased OpusFSX, still Limited Version

After trying out the demo I've decided to grab this add-on. Unfortunately after the purchase I still get the Limited Version message.

Did a quick peek through this section, didn't find anything similar or couldn't so I posted this thread.

Info:

Trial was uninstalled. (although I didn't do any registry clean up)

Path for initial DL was C:\OpusFSX, install directory D:\OpusFSX. I've moved everything (by that I mean .msi, key file etc) from C... to D... install directory.

Win7 64 HP, UAC (run Opus in Admin mode).

And another question, why only Opus is able to install in C:\, D:\, etc. paths? I like to have everything sorted neat (have a special folder for FSX addons). I'm guessing for network use or something. Please, enlighten me.

Solved.

You can move the msi to another location but must leave the licence and key files on drive C.

Quite stupid if you ask me, but well, what can you do...

No they don't, but they sure mess up the tidiness

Security... just what I've feared.

Oh well, there is that 30 day return policy, no?

Did you unwrap the purchase file into c:\Opus Software as instructed?

If your software is showing Limited then it cannot find your license key file. Its as simple as that. You didn't move that directory did you?

Why are so eagre to throw in the towel, please just investigate your problem, if you have moved files then obviously you have disrupted the normal security mechanisms, in that it can no longer find your license key. The Getting Started guide is quite straight forward and so to are the purchase instructions.

Regards

Stephen

Did you unwrap the purchase file into c:\Opus Software as instructed?

If your software is showing Limited then it cannot find your license key file. Its as simple as that. You didn't move that directory did you?

Why are so eagre to throw in the towel, please just investigate your problem, if you have moved files then obviously you have disrupted the normal security mechanisms, in that it can no longer find your license key. The Getting Started guide is quite straight forward and so to are the purchase instructions.

Regards

Stephen

My reply from earlier.

Solved.

You can move the msi to another location but must leave the licence and key files on drive C.

Quite stupid if you ask me, but well, what can you do...

Gonna make a few flights later today. I loved the trial (even though time was too limited).

I just hate that because of security reasons users tend to get bu++hurt. I can't install software wherever I want? What kind of sorcery is this?

It is mostly due to wanting to simplify the networking options, there were too many problems with users installing the software in places where networked access was restricted, client could not see server etc.

The c:\Opus Software folder is for the license key of course. But I am sure you will appreciate with the licensing and security there would be no product. Also we want to make the install and setup as easy as possible for both single PC users and networked users.

Regards

Stephen