Sign in to follow this  
thea330flyer

GTX 560SE? How does it do FSX?

I would like to know before I upgrade my video card, how does the GTX 560SE model do in terms of FSX and my Phenom II X4 @ 3.6 Ghz? My current ATI card is wearing out and cannot handle FSX very well and keeps overheating. My lowest constant FPS I recorded is when I load aerosoft Madrid scenery, my average is 3 FPS. I am also planning of putting FSX on an SSD but thats another subject.

I ask specifically for this Nvidia card because the 550Ti is on the weaker end of things and the GTX 560 is a little over my max budget and I do not want to stay with AMD/ATI. Reason is, that Nvidia seems to be choice card for FSX over AMD, so I am not willing to take chances.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814500241

Cheers.

FSX requires a lot more power from the CPU than the GPU. A GTX 560 SE will handle FSX just fine.

It will be your CPU which holds back the FPS, but a Phenom II X4 @ 3.6GHz should be good enough to get good framerates at high settings in most situations.

Thanks for the feedback. My FSX settings are not on ultra anyway, my weather settings are pretty high but nonetheless my CPU can handle it. If I can just push it to 3.7Ghz it should get more out of it. One question: does AI affect FPS? I use World of AI on FS9 and it did not affect performance, not so sure on FSX but I will use World of AI as well.