Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

What is the best AI Traffic addon available today?

I agree that World of AI has provided the best AI traffic, in terms of realistic schedules/airline destinations, realistic airline/aircraft types, correct aircraft registrations, high quality models/textures often with multiple liveries, reasonable global coverage and no major problems with frame rates. And it was free!

Yes, you have to install each airline individually, and often the same airline gets an upgraded schedule. But - that is the nature of airlines - schedules do change (including aircraft types as well as routes and frequencies). Having an out of date airline or type at your FS airport is almost as bad as not having any traffic at all.

Very sadly WofAI seems to be rather dormant, the last package released was now over 4 months ago. Total shame because their packages were the best, by a long shot. However, as I said things start to get out of date, so am looking at alternatives.

I have tried many of the other commercial packages available, and they all seem to have pros and cons. For example, Ultimate Traffic 2 offers excellent schedule information, but not all the schedule aircraft appear (I know there's ways of adding models/textures that are not in the default collection, but that's a bit messy). and the aircraft registrations are not correct... What I actually do is use the UT2 timetable schedules to plan my own FS flights, but disable all UT2 aircraft traffic. Paying around GBP 5 twice a year for updated schedules isn't a great problem. Most of the traffic on my FS is from WofAI (and MAIW for military traffic)

Other products produce more accurate/numerous aircraft, but often the model quality is poor. I have even briefly tried FS Live Traffic, which even the latest version which is a major improvement, is sadly lacking especially outside USA. Again models/texture quality is poor.

So am waiting to hear what is said about Traffic 360 to see if this ticks all the boxes...