Sign in to follow this  
hrsemn

Possible issue with the newest Beta version

Hello-

I purchased OPUS a couple of days ago, and so far have been impressed. However, there seems to be 2 issues that you may or may not be aware of. 1) I had flown from KORD-MMMX, and the upper winds between 340-360 never really changed, i.e. 50/50 or 51/50...etc. Is there true upper level winds aloft with this program? I thought there was or is that in the works? 2) On approach into MMMX, I saw an immediate cloud shift..in another wards, there wan't any smooth cloud transition. I hope someone can suggest what I need to do to fix this if possible please. Thank you. Ryan

Yeah I too have an issue with winds

Today, in Casper, Wyoming, the winds were gusting at 23MPH east, and I started OPUSFSX, and there were no winds at all!

@hrsemn

We are currently working on winds aloft, they are simulated at present but we are limited in what targets we set without upsetting FSX too much. If you get a METAR update which is quite different in cloud cover you will see a shift but we smooth in the areas between METARs. A future update is planned where we smooth the weather further, but you are limited by the METARs only being generated every 20,30 or 60 mins.

@Scarlett

Are you refering to the weather at the start of your flight? Are you certain the OpusFSX weather updated? Did you see a METAR update in the spy window or the Weather Report window? When you started your flight the weather would have adhered strictly to the METAR. Send us your \OpusFSX\Themes\OpusWeather.txt file if you think the METAR was different to the weather you witnessed.

Cheers

Cheryl

I understand, it would be helpful if there is a way to mimic the kinds of winds ASE has without compromising FSX. Also, it would be very beneficial if you could smooth the weather out even further in the next update. That was the main reason why I got OPUS, due to the fact that the other weather engines had immediate shifts in clouds which wasn't appealing. Thank you. Ryan

Hi Ryan

We have already beaten you to it and have been discussing our plans for the weather smoothing upgrade for many many months now. This does far more than what you mention and is planned for development after we have completed the GRIB forecast data upgrade for the upper winds and temperatures. But all the current changes truly reflect the changing METARs. You just need to be a little patient and keep up with the posts on our Flight1 forum pages. Weather smoothing will be here soon, along with the second phase of upgrade to our WINTER heuristic weather interpolation algorithm. Not too long to wait.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen- If you can fix this, you'll hit a home run in my book. Honestly, you'll really be ahead of the "Big Boys" if you can get the smoothing, and the winds fixed up. Look forward to the update! Thanks again. Ryan

Any major cloud shifts I have seen have been closely related to the METARS in that area updating. There's going to be SOME cloud shifting, I mean it's impossible to get new depictions and textures loaded with non noticeable effects.