Sign in to follow this  
Mitchell W

FSX Fatal Error CTD Win7

So, you are still receiving a ctd even with uiautomationcore.dll installed in the main FSX directory? If you are, then the dll is not working for you or fixing your problem so you should remove it. Do you have fsinn/fscopilot installed? There have been some known issues with this software combination but a lot of those problems have been fixed or the software appears to be more compatible now with FSX. Another common problem is the proper installation of simconnect. What happens when an issue with simconnect occurs? FSX will freeze up momentarily or crash and there will usually be no faulting module indicated in the crash report. If you have AS2012 installed, then you need to check and make sure simconnect is properly set up for FSX. Same goes with REX, OPUS, or any other weather program that has to communicate with the Internet. Simconnect may work w/o any problems with programs like PMDG or the default weather program but that does not mean it is properly configured to work with other weather programs or software. You should provide us with a copy of your crash report by downloading AppCrash - http://www.nirsoft.n...crash_view.html and pasting the crash report to this post. This is something that wasn't done for the OP and we might have solved his CTD (but since he did not respond to my last post, maybe the problem was fixed).

Best regards,

Jim

Actually it started to CTD after I started using real world REX updates. With and without the uiautomationcore.dll. I'll try it without the REX updates, and post sitrep.

Thanks

Welcome to the club. Worst program ever designed for a computer, fsx that is. Spend $3000 and it still sucks. I have just spent 2 hrs myself trying to fly and the controls were screwed up. I am so f***ing p*ssed right now. All I want is to practice piloting and no other program simulates this as well as fsx, but it is such a pain in the butt. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you really spend '3000' dollars for a new computer, why don't you post your crash report, as well as your specs, and post your FSX settings here so we can troubleshoot.

Thank you.

Finally have time to download AppCrash. Will run it and post to a new thread. Latest Fatal Error > Restart was duing a KLAX (FSDT) to KSFO (Aerosoft). Occured about an hour into it, and ~40nm from KSFO.