Sign in to follow this  
ET2PHM

Short Turnaround Checklist

Hello Everyone,

GOt a question for you all. I have had my NGX now for about a 2months and I am still learning all the little ins and outs of it. My questions deals with the short turnaround panel state. Does anyone have a checklist for the actions that need to be done to get this plane ready to fly from this state. I thought I could improvise from the tutorials what needed to be done and have had mixed results i.e. (one engine wouldn't start and another the throttles would move but the engines stayed at idle). Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

Sounds more like a background issue than an issue with your workflow. If your throttles move but things remain at idle, something is going on in the background. I forget what causes this however, as I've managed to avoid it.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle and Dave I appreciate the help. Dave I will give that list a try.

Pete McMahon

Morning All,

Just wanted to post what I found out about what was going on in the background to this problem. Alright so what was going on was this. I have dual saitek quadrants and had programed the respective buttons underneath the throttles to cut off the engine fuel flow. When I would park at a gate I would hit those buttons and the engines would shutdown. When I would pushback from the gate and go to start the engines I would once again push the buttons to return fuel flow and start the engines. The engines would spool up and present the appearance of having actually started (but they haven't). The readings are just slightly off. What I noticed was that when I pressed one of the buttons on the throttle quadrant the corresponding lever on the display did not move to the cutoff or open position. So I tried parking at a gate I shut the first engine down with the throttle quadrant and the second engine using my mouse and hitting the lever on the display. When it came time to start the engines again the first engine did not start all the way and had no throttle response. The second engine started completely and had throttle response (also a difference in sound.) At that point I manually cycled the lever for engine one on the display and it fired right up.

Not sure what the fix is. But if anyone else is having this problem I hope this helps.

R/ Pete McMahon

Morning All,

Just wanted to post what I found out about what was going on in the background to this problem. Alright so what was going on was this. I have dual saitek quadrants and had programed the respective buttons underneath the throttles to cut off the engine fuel flow. When I would park at a gate I would hit those buttons and the engines would shutdown. When I would pushback from the gate and go to start the engines I would once again push the buttons to return fuel flow and start the engines. The engines would spool up and present the appearance of having actually started (but they haven't). The readings are just slightly off. What I noticed was that when I pressed one of the buttons on the throttle quadrant the corresponding lever on the display did not move to the cutoff or open position. So I tried parking at a gate I shut the first engine down with the throttle quadrant and the second engine using my mouse and hitting the lever on the display. When it came time to start the engines again the first engine did not start all the way and had no throttle response. The second engine started completely and had throttle response (also a difference in sound.) At that point I manually cycled the lever for engine one on the display and it fired right up.

Not sure what the fix is. But if anyone else is having this problem I hope this helps.

R/ Pete McMahon

I run a similar setup and don't have any problems.

How are you assigning the Cutoff function? I've had the best luck just doing it through PMDG's interface in the FMC/CDU, rather that trying to use FSUIPC or Saitek's controls.

Jon Skiffington

Morning Jon,

I have my assignments done thru FSX settings.

Pete McMahon

I will have to take a look at how to do the settings thru FMC/CDU. Thanks for the advice Jon.