Sign in to follow this  
Branddon

Landing and takeoff problem

Sometimes when I'm taking off or landing (usually SFO or LAX) the aircraft I'm using, which is usually a 767 or 340, will swerve off of the runway. The worst part is that I'm not doing anything To make this happen. Sometimes it works just fine and others, it just completely swerves off the runway. Please help. This is getting kind of annoying, especially when I think I've got a perfect landing about to happen.

I also have this happen, I'm usually flying a tail dragger and after I have the plane centered down the runway, as I start moving it will want to swerve to the left, don't know why either.

Hello,

- What airspeed is the A340 going at when this happens?

- Are there any winds set in the Weather Page?

Most of the time, letting the airplane roll down the runway, will result in a slight drift, even without wind, because the accelerometer will give us some very small values.

Note that in real life, you can't let an airplane go down the runway without touching the rudder pedals to keep the airplane on the centerline.

Matt

I can tell you that this is no "slight" drift. This is as if someone took the device and tilted it 90 degrees. It happens on both my iPad (3rd generation) and iPhone 5. There are usually no winds set.

I can't remember off the top of my head what my approach speeds are but 150 sounds reasonable.

Also, this happens just as the plane touches the ground.

I hope this can help a little bit.

Brandon-

Thanks, I'd love to see a video of this, is there anyway you can send me a video of this effect? We've had a few people email us about similar problems but could never find someone who could show us what happens on video :-/ That makes it hard for us to fix the problem :)

--

Matt

I have exactly the same problem but guess what ....it even happens in the training mode when the "instructor" has full control of the aircraft.

I just recorded it in video and I am sending it over to flyingdevelopmentstudio.

This is an excellent piece of software but something has happened. I managed to fly before without a problem.

Yes, same here, A380, 747, A330 and instructor pilot take offs all swerve hectically near about half way done the run way. I also have the 'stall warning' come on when I'm not in a stall or the alarm will sound and the high pitched sound will ring continuously in the background, even after the aircraft recovers. I'm using it on an iPod touch 5th generation with iOS 6. Never had problems until this last update. However I have to say that I just love this app, it's amazing. Once those glitches are fixed it will be perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops over the years. Great app, thank you!

Hi guys,

It's very possible that the app has fault, however when I was having my problems we narrowed it down to the fact that I was simply putting too much weight on the nose gear. So, for example, if I landed a bit overspeed and slammed the nose gear down, the problem would happen. Since then I've made a lot of corrections in regards to approach speeds.

There could be a problem with the app, but check first and make sure you're not putting too much weight forward. Also, I'm not sure if the latest update has fixed this. So if it has, feel free to post in on here.

Brandon-