Sign in to follow this  

Ciao to all,

I just got the Saitek Throttle and I would like to use it with the Ifly in fs9..

I did not understand how to asign the commands .

I've also got registered FSUIPC...

I've tried to use also SST but with no results...it seems the "throttle" has allready pre-assigned buttons (for instance "change of view" etc...)

I wish to have:

first left lever = air/grouns spoiler (as real)

-upper button (beneath the spoiler lever) T1= TO/GA

-lower button T2= autopilot off

second lever= engine 1 thrust lever(as real)

-upper button (beneath the engine 1 TL) T3= engine 1 cut off/starter (as real)

-lower button T4 = don't know yet

third lever = engine 1 thrust lever(as real)

-upper button (beneath the engine 2 TL) T5= engine 2 cut off/starter (as real)

-lower button T6 =don't know yet

On Ifly is there a keyboard button fot TO/GA and ENGINE CUT OFF/STARTER or It's usable only with the mouse??

Please help...

Thanx

Another configuration to consider - when you pull the levers all the way you get a button action. In FSUIPC you can set up that button so that it activates reverse for each thrust axis. Or even better, get a second throttle unit - they are not expensive - and set up the next two levers as reverse axis and the final sixth axis as flaps. Not to mention you can control a four engined aircraft too.

Personally I always start by removing all axis and button assignments from within MSFS. There is a common problem with Saitek Proflight yoke - it might have been fixed in later batches - with a "ghost button" that causes the sim to switch view all the time. The only way for me to get rid of it is by removing the button assignments in MSFS:

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanx for the help...

If u edit the fs9.cfg you may delete all the "joystik assignements" and then re assign them via FSUIPC...

It worked with the "throttle levers"...

I'm having troubles with the "spoiler lever":..

In reality the lever is "UP"....and when you move it down in arms the spoilers and then increase the spoilers effect....

If I understood the FSUIPC instructions...I should assign it as per immages attached:

but on FS I get that the lever UP only if the lever on the SAITEK is DOWN...Is there a way to reverse it???

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/spoilersincrease.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/spoilerdecrease.jpg/

and again:

On Ifly is there a keyboard button fot TO/GA and ENGINE CUT OFF/STARTER or It's usable only with the mouse since I need to assign them to the joy??

Thanx for the help...

If u edit the fs9.cfg you may delete all the "joystik assignements" and then re assign them via FSUIPC...

It worked with the "throttle levers"...

I'm having troubles with the "spoiler lever":..

In reality the lever is "UP"....and when you move it down in arms the spoilers and then increase the spoilers effect....

If I understood the FSUIPC instructions...I should assign it as per immages attached:

but on FS I get that the lever UP only if the lever on the SAITEK is DOWN...Is there a way to reverse it???

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/spoilersincrease.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/spoilerdecrease.jpg/

and again:

On Ifly is there a keyboard button fot TO/GA and ENGINE CUT OFF/STARTER or It's usable only with the mouse since I need to assign them to the joy??

On the calibration page in FSUIPC there is a checkbox for reversing the axis - that does the trick!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Found the "trik" and it had reversed it ;o)

Thanx endeed...

But the movement is not smooth in FS9...if I move slowly the spoiler lever of the Saitek...on fs9 the lever goes in mid range and moves up and down like crazy...

How do I set it to get "arm spilers" in a small range...and then "increase spoiler " when the lever goes down and "decrease spoilers" when the lever goes up?

I assume you have calibrated it? I have no problem at all getting it to move smoothly but I really just assign it and calibrate it!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------