Sign in to follow this  

Best FREE Jumbo Jet

Hi All,I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the Best FREE Jumbo Jet is that I can download. The main thing I am looking for is a better panel than the Jumbo's in FS9. I would also prefer it to be a 700 series plane.Thanks for your help,Costas

Guest ThrottleUp

By "Jumbo Jet" Im guessing you mean 747? Also what do u mean by "700 series"? :)

Yes, sorry I wasn't more specific. I am pretty much looking for 747's, 727's etc. That's what I meant by 700 series. Actually, I wouldn't mind knowing about any great payware 747's that are worth purchasing. Thanks for your help,Costas

PMDG is working on a 747, but it has not been released yet. Check out their forums here for more info.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Actually, I just found their website. I am thinking of purchasing the 737 model from PMDG. It looks really good, but does anyone know how it affects the frame rates. Also, if anyone can tell me if it is worth it, I would appreciate it.Thanks,Costas

The PMDG 737 is great, but it does reduce fps a little. How much depends on whether or not you run with the virtual cockpit on or off. Personally, I don't really care about a VC with an airliner, so I use their 2d cockpit only model, which runs quite well. Either way, with your system, you should be able to handle it with no problems. I know there are people running it with a lot less PC power than yours. If you are looking for a realistic airliner addon, it is by far the best out there IMHO. Do a search of the forums here, and you will find lots of information about it.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,Costas (and Craig), the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies will not be 'FREE'! -FYI If you want to see their work then you can go to www.precisionmanuals.com - But there isn't much in the way of screenshots of the 747 yet as it's still a few months away from being released. The only two shots they have right now are of the 2D Panel with no gauges and the Overhead. And I am going to guess Costas that you are not wanting to wait a few months right now, even if you are willing to go with a payware 747.If you want a FREE one then the POSKY one comes highly recomended. There are some panels available in the library, a few 747-400's and one 747-200. Just go to http://library.avsim.net/extsearch.php and select 'FS2004 Panels' as the category. Put 747 in for the Description, search, and then you might want to select 'Order by Date' then click on 'Change View'. I would recommend the one's by Ken Mitchell or Massimo Grassi.There are many POSKY 747's available in the Avsim library that are repaints of the POSKY 747 that are also the full plane(model) included. But be aware, many of these come with older POSKY 747 Flight Dynamics. You should get the latest version of the POSKY 747 Flight Dynamics and make sure that you install them into whatever plane you download. The filename for the POSKY 747 Flight Dynamics is:747-version-2004-8-5.zipIf you need to know how to use the above file there may be information contained in the zip file on how to install the Flight Dynamics caontained in it. Otherwise, if you are having trouble then post in here that you need some help and I will try to lend a hand tomorrow.Regards,JimEDIT: Well, I see you guys made a couple more posts while I was making this one. And I see that Costas does not seem to have an aversion to payware. Still, I thought I should point out that the PMDG 747 will not be FREE, which is the word used in the Title of this thread.

Thanks much. I appreciate your input. I think I might purchase it. I have been flying mostly GA aircraft like the Piper Archer from Dreamfleet, but only recently got into flying the Airliners, and I love it, (sounds, etc). I find it dificult going back to small GA aircraft. Thanks again,Costas

Guest OneTinSoldier

You're welcome Costas. Hope that helps. PMDG does make great birds and they have great support on their forum. After having flown both Airliners and GA I still love both. ;)Cheers,Jim

Jim, thanks for the info. Earlier this morning I downloaded a couple of the Posky airliners but wasn't crazy about the flight dynamics. I'm glad you mentioned that there is an update to the flight dynamics. I will give it a try. Also, I was aware that PMDG is payware. I don't have a problem paying for a good aircraft, but there have been so many great freeware in the library that I thought I would give those a try first. I think it's great that so many people on these boards devote their time and effort to designing these airplanes and liveries and providing them for Free for our enjoyment. Thanks again,Costas

Check out the 757 from posky, with a VC and many repaints. update the flight dynamics to 8.3 and you have yourself an extremely high quality freeware airplane with a VC. Plus download a 757 panel to go along with that airplane and its even better