Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

Gaps in ground textures

I know this may be an old topic but I've searched and searched and can't find any solution to the problem. When flying at high altitudes (typical commercial jets) I see white seams or gaps in ground textures most often at a distance and off to the side. Most of the time they eventually fill in but it takes a good while. Does any know of a fix? I installed FSgenesis buffer mesh hoping to cure the problem but no joy. Thanks in advance for your attention.

I know this may be an old topic but I've searched and searched and can't find any solution to the problem. When flying at high altitudes (typical commercial jets) I see white seams or gaps in ground textures most often at a distance and off to the side. Most of the time they eventually fill in but it takes a good while. Does any know of a fix? I installed FSgenesis buffer mesh hoping to cure the problem but no joy. Thanks in advance for your attention.

This sound like what happens when the following settings are too high:

Terrain Default Radius=9.5000

Terrain Extended Radius=4.500

Terrain Extended Levels=4

Those are my current settings and I now see the problem only very rarely. In the past I have experimented with higher settings and this type of tearing and ground scenery gaps was sometimes the result...

Also, where in the world are you flying? I know that for me the buffer mesh sorted out a lot of the problem but I still got those issues in Northern Europe (north of 65 degrees) even after installing buffer mesh so I don't think the coverage extends everywhere...

Hope this helps.

Geoff

Thanks for your reply Geoff. I'll give those settings a try. To answer your question, I've been flying mostly in the southwestern U.S. between KELP and KABQ, KPHX, and KSAN.

Thanks again,

Mike