Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Performance with DX10

Glad to hear oyu have a smooth running sim. Enjoy!

Glad to hear oyu have a smooth running sim. Enjoy!

Yeah it's better definitely.

What fps are you getting with that CPU ? Are your settings on Max ?

I am not noticing any difference between a non-tweak cfg and a tweaked one.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The difference between tweaked and non-tweaked is that a flight using a properly-tweaked cfg file (assuming a high-end proc and gpu) will be solid at 29 - 30 fps all the time, regardless of weather, traffic or area. It takes a few days of flying the same scenario in a known heavy-load area. When she stops that dipping down to 18 or 20 - you've found the spot.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The difference between tweaked and non-tweaked is that a flight using a properly-tweaked cfg file (assuming a high-end proc and gpu) will be solid at 29 - 30 fps all the time, regardless of weather, traffic or area. It takes a few days of flying the same scenario in a known heavy-load area. When she stops that dipping down to 18 or 20 - you've found the spot.

Now why would it take a few days?

Yeah it's better definitely.

What fps are you getting with that CPU ? Are your settings on Max ?

I am not noticing any difference between a non-tweak cfg and a tweaked one.

Depends on where and what I am flying. Megascenery washington state with the NGX I am averaging 26 to 29 with alabeo waco 30 and with the MD-11 29.5-30 and the carenado P-46T 30. My settingas are not maxed out . With dx-10 and photo scenery they dont have to be. If I go to FSDTKDFW with the NGX a little different story 22-26. Im still tuning and tweaking to get the most out of this rig,and I am pushing it hard. I am not using AI traffic or GA only 10% road traffic.

With dx-10 and photo scenery they dont have to be. If I go to FSDTKDFW with the NGX a little different story 22-26. Im still tuning and tweaking to get the most out of this rig,and I am pushing it hard. I am not using AI traffic or GA only 10% road traffic.

So you mean if I have photo scenery like NL2000 I can keep my scenery low and still get the benefit ?

Yes, The best thing I can offer you is to read about settings your scenery manufacturer recommends. I know mega scenery automatically upon setup will set up every thing for you. I will often take this as a starting point a tweak one way or the other. Also take Pauls advice above and fly the same exact flights and equipment and take your time tweaking your settings. Yes I myself have spent weeks in one location with one addon airport and scenery. You will see adifference in performance as well as eye candy. Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

Jamie Moses

Also take Pauls advice above and fly the same exact flights and equipment and take your time tweaking your settings. Yes I myself have spent weeks in one location with one addon airport and scenery. You will see adifference in performance as well as eye candy. Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

Jamie Moses

Will do thnx. And a Merry X'mas to you.