Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Suggestion on order of upper, lower, local weather reports

Hi Cheryl, Stephen,

Would it be possible and more comprehensible if the Weather Reports window follows the order

1 - Upper Atmosphere Weather Report

2 - Lower Atmosphere Weather Report

3 - Local Area Weather Report

4 - Dest

5 - Alt 1...

IMHO this would be the natural order top down, would it not?

Merry XMas

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

I would think the order in which the flight would be flown would be more suitable.

1. Local

2. Lower

3. Upper

4. Destination

5. and so forth Alternatives or airports of interest.

Well, I find the top-down approach still more logical:

During flight on cruise level (upper) you are interested in the lower levels in the end in order to plan the descend and approach phase and feed the FMC with the data. Now 'Lower level' lies in front of you.

Furthermore 'Local' might also be interesting during flight in case of an off-schedule landing. Again the 'local' lies 'below', not 'before', if your sequence is time based, mine altitude based.

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Ha. I'm sorry but if i'm starting from the ground up in my flight I wouldn't want to see the upper winds first. I would rather see my departure winds and then the lower winds as I climbout and see how FSX handles those. But to each their own.

Obviously you don't want to understand my logic.

Andreas Berg