Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Using "How to" Inspector settings. In FSX do you untick?

Thought I'd have a twiddle in the latest Nvidia Inspector using the recommended settings in the excellent "how to" guide link (the dropbox jpg settings link).

Should I have Filtering and Anti-aliasing ticked ON or OFF in the FSX settings-display page?

Last time I switched them off in FSX and just made adjustments through Inspector FSX didn't register the changes made in Inspector so I ended up with no filtering OR AA!

Currently running the stock FSX AA and Anisotropic settings which have been fine.

Thanks

Adam

Mine are still on in FSX, Adam - however - you can lead the way with the results of your experiments..............

:lol: :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HI Paul,

Well with the options un-ticked in FSX I get bugger all filtering and it all looks horrible. If I tick AA and aniosotropic in the FSX GUI I get similar results as with Nvidia Inspector but with much better frame rates so I see no advantage using Inspector at all. The only thing I use it for now is to restrict framerates to 30fps rather than doing it in the FSX GUI.

So I guess I'll stick to the FSX internal settings. Weird how Inspector works for some but not for others.

Regards

Adam

I think maybe your FSX profile is not being selected or loaded as FSX starts, Adam, because 2, 4 and 8SGSS make a heck of a difference. Try changing those and testing them with water equal to 6 or 7 - somewhere where there are hilly coastlines, like around Anacortes or Jefferson in the Orbx PNW. This will tell you if the profile is being loaded. Are you also adding these two lines in the [Graphics] section?

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 // Must have for good AA Can be 8

MultiSampleQuality=8 // Can be 4 for better performance.

Here is the one I'm using at the moment, with FXAA turned on.. It looks fine (for me, but I have no taste) - try it, see what happens. Let us know.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the info I'll have a twiddle with those settings when I'm home tomorrow night. At work right now zzz.

Happy New Year!

Adam